Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Range Rover Velar

rpm

Went to a launch event for the new Range Rover Velar this evening.

Not sure about this one - the styling makes it look really long.

Range starts at about £44k but this particular model was an eye watering £84k!!

The wife and I are big LR fans (we currently have a Disco Sport and Freelander 2), but this one doesn't do it for me. A RR Sport or Jag F-Pace would take my money.

Attachments

• 20170522_174737_148.jpg
    20170522_174737_148.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 5,734
  • 20170522_174746_192.jpg
    20170522_174746_192.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 5,734
  • 20170522_175010_391.jpg
    20170522_175010_391.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 5,734
In the words of my mate who runs a RR franchise "I hope its more reliable than the rest of the range" :floor: Some horror stories from him with both the discoveries and discovery sports.

My L405 has just been recalled for a new suspension and its on its second engine and turbos :nooo:

I still love them though and no doubt these will sell well

Re the F-Pace I was really disappointed with the finish on them so much plastic, a real step down from the RR's IMHO

OK so whats it trying to be its too city to be a disco or freelander , its not classy enough to be a full fat RR or sport. is not cute and girlie enough to be a school run mums evoque , so what its it for , :?: :dont know:

I've been really impressed with SWMBO evoque with the new Jaguar engine but I specced active suspension which I think makes a big difference to the ride. Its is a fully loaded autobiography though which makes a massive difference to the cabin ie better / full leather etc...... It does feel like a small FFRR in full spec which is good but they are small compared to other SUV's in the same class especially in the rear.

The sport, I had a high spec loaner whilst my FFRR was having a new engine and compared to the FF I did not like it, yes it was sportier but its not in the same class as the Macan IMHO which is a direct comparison (whereas I don't think the KN is in the same class as FFRR)

I've only sat in the new Discovery and its erm BIG, looks a lot more like a FFRR inside but I'm not sure thats a good think as it shouldn't, it should be aimed at a different audience, lost me when I realised it no longer had a split tailgate, now the hell are you supposed to see over hedges now :nooo:

And dont' get me started on the disco sport, sooooo much plastic :nooo:

So where does the new one fit in :dont know:

I saw a new Disco Sport on the M6 today :nooo: it looks like they have reverse engineered a Chinese " Landwind " POS and got it all wrong, have never seen an uglier car in my life :sad:

Sadly my new daily isn`t going to be British at this rate :nooo:

kurlykris said:
I saw a new Disco Sport on the M6 today :nooo: it looks like they have reverse engineered a Chinese " Landwind " POS and got it all wrong, have never seen an uglier car in my life :sad:

Sadly my new daily isn`t going to be British at this rate :nooo:

I thought of this when I saw the new discovery:
turismo_002.jpg

The ssangyong Rodius.

2017-land-rover-discovery-wm.jpg

Is that Velar trying to be like a BMW X6 and fill a gap in the market that doesn't actually exist?

jonttt said:
So where does the new one fit in :dont know:

:eek: My money was on you getting one of these first :wink:

Nah, I'm sticking two fingers up at the tax man and have ordered a hybrid, 180MPG :eek: .......I'll be lucky if it gets 35mpg :floor:........ what a farce but I'll play.

I think they look nearly exactly the same as the Jaguar F Pace .... If I was to be buying a RR it would defiantly be the Sport. You can get a decent spec Sport for £84k!

Fall out of bed pricewise these cars :what:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back