Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air con condensers

Chillout

Is replacing the condensers a DIY job? Apart from regassing of course.

Yes

Easy .. google it and theres plenty of instructions out there , worth haveing it degassed first though unless your sure its empty .. not working doesnt mean it has no gass in it .

One has corroded through according to Cavendish Porsche who recently did a free inspection of the car so I presume the system is empty. I assume the other wont be far behind so I'm going to do both at the same time if I've got the bumper off and save myself £300 odd quid.

And my next question is of course....

Where do I get them from and what brand do I use?

Thanks.

eBay is your friend Here for £55

You can also pay less and a lot more :grin: Given the ease of doing these and even the longevity of 'original' and 'OEM' parts I wouldn't be paying top dough :thumb:

I started to look at buying a pair, but it seems there are two types for my car, with the connection hoses on either side or both on the same side. I looked through the front bumper just now an I can't see the connections. Any idea which one is right for my car? Thanks.

Can't comment on the type, but I would say try & go for OEM or Hella if you can.
Decent branded over the cheaper stuff.
I went for the cheap ones a couple of years back & ended up replacing them this year again as one went porous & leaked out.

OK, all done. Job was fairly straight forward, I also changed the desiccator too. I went middle of the road and bought the Hella ones for £99 each, but to be honest the quality is pretty shitty. I think someone on another thread/forum noted the holes on the fixing brackets aren't deep enough, so its either cut down the bolts or pad out with washers like I did. They do come with a two year warranty though, so hopefully they will last longer than that. To be honest if I need to do them again I will go with the £50 jobbies. Kwikfit were great, they ran a pressure test first that showed no leaks then re-gassed, I now have lovely cold air ready for the drive to Le Mans.

Result. You know it makes sense :thumb:

"Can't get better than a Kwik-Fit fitter" :what:

The bolt length is a pain and unexpected the first time you fit them .. as you found out washers or shorter bolts are needed .

Quality .. hmm .. dont look good do they but to be fair they seem to last .

Any system that has been open to the air for any period of time should have the desicator replaced .. good call :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back