Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally got one... '99 C2 3.4 m030/LSD

Pearcy

After having been looking for a decent throttle cable c2 coupe for some 18 months now, have finally managed to find one I was happy with :)

Having tried both m030 and non m030 it had to be m030/220 for me personally. Has been really hard finding one that didn't have missing services, 'oval bore tap' or in good enough general condition. I am very fussy though, wife says I have OCD :D

Car is a Jan 99 C2 in silver, non-sunroof, 88k miles with the sports seats, m030/220/222/224 and the sport design alloys (re-furbed in graphite grey) with Pirelli P Zero's all round (new rears). What sold it to me is that it only had 3 owners with the last owner owning it for 11 years, servicing it every year at Northway. Any advisories were dealt with straight away, so slight corrosion on front struts = 4x new springs and shocks (14k miles ago). Slight corrosion to one brake pipe = all brake pipes being replaced, even the ones that run over the engine/box. Haven't added it all up yet, but has masses of supporting paperwork. The car drove well, feeling very tight, as expected given the maintenance record and careful owner.

Picked it up Friday evening and plan to own it for a few years. My boys are aged 7 and 4, so will hopefully fit in the back for a few years at least.

Always wanted an air cooled 911 since being a small boy but given the prices they now attain now the early 996's seemed to offer a better value proposition. Have to admit it does seem to strike just the right balance between 'old skool' with fairly heavy control weights and modern having PAS and ABS.

I did look at 3 different impact bumper 911's but they didn't seem to drive that well, most likely as I was being forced to stick to the bottom end of the market. Also looked at a few 997's including Hartech rebuilt but preferred the way the early 996's drove (particularly didn't like PASM).

Anyway, whilst a decent clean example it does have a little tree sap marks here and there + some marks on the front bumper so will get that re-sprayed. Will add pics soon...

Couple of pics

Attachments

• media1_166.jpg
    media1_166.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 6,067
  • media7_157.jpg
    media7_157.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 6,067
  • mediauy97mxue3_196.jpg
    mediauy97mxue3_196.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 6,067
A perfect spec for many people. Looks lovely too.
Congrats on the new purchase! :thumb:

Did you look at the black 98 car in the classifieds with the M030 option?

:congrats: lovely looking car.

Well done in holding out for what you really wanted it's very easy to compromise and then regret it later.

:thumb:

Congratulations on getting the car you wanted.. not many with green interiors around..

Bund said:

Yes, I did - saw both the same day. Both nice cars

Sounds a great buy. Nice spec too. Though I would say that as:

Mine's also a '98 silver C2 manual code 014, non-sunroof ..........and nephrite green interior. And I'm Brighton based too!

Cheers Jim

Pearcy said:
Bund said:

As you have seen a few I would be really interested to hear your thoughts on it as I've seen the black car too and im interested but i have concerns about it as i think it needs a lot ££££ spent where you can buy a solid car such as yours for what i think will be less than making the black car a good example.

Would be interested to hear what you made of the of the c pillar lining and c pillar itself as a result of the water damage(blocked lines-guess) but must of been a lot, the rear seat under it is also water stained, bottom corner of rear screen, paint and unfortunately missing service history since 2010 (lost currently) but i did see it went back to Porsche in 2014 but they haven't serviced it since 2010.

Bund said:
Pearcy said:
Bund said:

As you have seen a few I would be really interested to hear your thoughts on it as I've seen the black car too and im interested but i have concerns about it as i think it needs a lot ££££ spent where you can buy a solid car such as yours for what i think will be less than making the black car a good example.

Would be interested to hear what you made of the of the c pillar lining and c pillar itself as a result of the water damage(blocked lines-guess) but must of been a lot, the rear seat under it is also water stained, bottom corner of rear screen, paint and unfortunately missing service history since 2010 (lost currently) but i did see it went back to Porsche in 2014 but they haven't serviced it since 2010.

Yes, agree. The black one had a good engine and box (although quite a serious oil leak (probably solved but still evidence) along with some serious tidying on the interior. The rear screen looked like it would need to come out to sort the surround properly. Fundamentally I think it was a decent car - quiet engine etc. and no rust, although would need a fair bit of time and money spent to realise its potential.

Jamesx19 said:
Sounds a great buy. Nice spec too. Though I would say that as:

Mine's also a '98 silver C2 manual code 014, non-sunroof ..........and nephrite green interior. And I'm Brighton based too!

Cheers Jim

Wow, will have to look out for you! - has yours also got the sport designs?

In the pics I wasn't keen on the green interior but have to say they look a lot better in the flesh, sort of peppermint and also gives the interior a lift compared to some of the darker colours :)

I noticed that car as well. For sale in Wokingham?
I saw the interior and discounted it settling for a car with Metropole, a colour that I also didn't want, though seeing it in the flesh it is much nicer than it looked in the pictures.
For me the condition/history of the car became the most important thing.
It is surprising how few really good cars there about.

Definitely agree, condition and history/record of regular servicing and renewing worn parts. - from someone who bought on price alone!

I know that the more eclectic interior colour options are a bar to alot of people. (me included for a while) However, I've had nothing but thoughtfully positive comments on the Nephrite green interior of mine. They usually go something like....

"Wow!.......pause.. "Actually not as bad as I imagined it would be"...........pause........ "In fact...., I quite like it"

I know that isn't the same as "Wow, thats brilliant" but I'll take the above. It helps having a black steering wheel and the plastic bits are grey/black. I equate Nephrite green to the same as the green leather on a vintage Chesterfield sofa. (artistic licence used of course). While not adverse to black, virtually every car has a black interior these days and in my view, its not that interesting on a car that cost close to £70,000 new 19 years ago.

Pearcy -No sport designs, but some GT3 mk 2 alloys. I'm down Saltdean way if your passing.

KTeDIOR.jpg

Cheers

Jamesx19 said:
Definitely agree, condition and history/record of regular servicing and renewing worn parts. - from someone who bought on price alone!

I know that the more eclectic interior colour options are a bar to alot of people. (me included for a while) However, I've had nothing but thoughtfully positive comments on the Nephrite green interior of mine. They usually go something like....

"Wow!.......pause.. "Actually not as bad as I imagined it would be"...........pause........ "In fact...., I quite like it"

I know that isn't the same as "Wow, thats brilliant" but I'll take the above. It helps having a black steering wheel and the plastic bits are grey/black. I equate Nephrite green to the same as the green leather on a vintage Chesterfield sofa. (artistic licence used of course). While not adverse to black, virtually every car has a black interior these days and in my view, its not that interesting on a car that cost close to £70,000 new 19 years ago.

Pearcy -No sport designs, but some GT3 mk 2 alloys. I'm down Saltdean way if your passing.

KTeDIOR.jpg

Cheers

Yes, I felt much the same! - the interior was a pleasant surprise in the flesh. Compliments the silver exterior and makes the interior feel quite light and airy.

Yours looks a really nice example, hopefully get to meet up at some point :)

Re wheels, I don't believe mine are Sport Designs after all, they are split rim and I believe Porsche items from factory/new - anyone know what they are referred to as?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back