Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Free write-off check without the need to pay a penny

Alex

I've know about this for some time but never thought of spreading the news on here.

If you have the registration of a car and want to know if it's been written off and is listed on the V-car register then you need never to pay again to find out.

Simply go on Autotrader's website: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

Click on 'SELL MY CAR' at the top.

Enter the reg plate and some phoney mileage and click 'Create your ad'.

Once the details of said car come up click 'Next step'.

Look on the right hand side of the page and you'll see a box like the one seen below.

:thumbs:

Attachments

• cat_d_650.png
    cat_d_650.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 9,271
I've just tried it on a car I had written-off back in the 90s and it picks that up as Cat C even though it was nearly 20 years ago.

Oops iphone duplicate, buy whilst I'm here, I might as well add that it is good to know cut'n'shuts are automatically flagged by AT (no more nefarious listings wasting your time)

Free to register.

Do you know a free service that someone else will check it for you?

I'd like a free concierge service.

Many thanks :thumb:

Official listing is straight-forward with it being listed in such sites.

The real challenge is crash-repaired wrecks put back on the road by funding repairs (second hand bits some new bits) out-of-pocket thus by-passing the Insurance so no official entry of accident damage or severity is available.

I know of one example of a high end model that was inspected (after) purchase, to be told it was a crash-damaged wreck and badly repaired at that. But an HPI must have shown it to be clear otherwise the sale would not have proceeded?

That is really unfortunate when somebody part-ex's a crash repaired vehicle for which there is no official crash damage record because it was repaired out-of-pocket. If it was not disclosed, the next buyer then inherits it and discovers the life it had.

This must be happening across many brands from low through to high-end cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back