Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sub £16k 997 with recent new engine

Alex

Nordschleife
alex yates said:
Just having a browse at the autotrader. If mileage doesn't bother you this has to be bargain of the week: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201705165516090

Manual 3.6 997 coupe. New engine 4 years/44k miles ago!!

That does look like a very good deal. Can't really tell from those pics but the seats look okay considering the mileage, the steering wheel and i bet other interior bits would need refreshing.
Makes you wonder what a dealer would offer the seller for it :?:

They have done a Gen 2 facelift conversion as well.
Looks like £35K's worth.

Time to pull the trigger, Alex,
They must be dam near rock bottom prices now. It's a bit like 996 prices 3 years ago when you could get one for £7K

Cab all the way Les. Would miss that go-kart euphoria.

Is this recorded?

Something seems a bit off (too cheap), and a full Gen2 face lift is a hefty mod unless you get a leg up from a shunt.

And in addition, engines can let go at any time, but a 3.6 @ 100k seems unlikely to be an IMS (mileage) or borescore (3.6), so is this another indication of a rear end shunt taking out the block? (Bearing in mind it says new ENGINE, not rebuild)

Don't autotrader automatically list it as a Cat car if it is. Thought it was a legal requirement? :dont know:

On a side not, I just tried listing it myself. This is the advise they gave me:

We suggest: £13,220
Based on good condition.

This is £2910 more than you would get if you part-exchanged this car.

:floor:

Just tried listing a Cat D and it comes up on the Ad Cat D. So this 997 deffo isn't recorded.

Basically is a bargain!

Nice colour, sports seats and I love those wheels.

Sadly no sunroof.

It's too cheap imo it won't be around long! Love GEN 2 wheels

Grab your them while there hot.......we'll be posting in three years time about the illusive '25 bags' 997 C2.

I should sell the 993 by one and a new Ducati......mmmm🤔

could have saved £20K plus

At a glance it looks just like my gen 2!!
Same colour, same wheels, sports seats.
Except if it is cosha I could have bought that, put a sticky label over the odometer, and left £20K plus in the bank - does make you think?!?

Regards
Glen

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back