Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 M56 smash yesterday...

Gutted! Looks a nice motor too, hopefully it can be salvaged.

Was it raining heavily? Looks very much like a single vehicle accident/spin.

Well known car, the owner posts on here occasionally.

He hit a rainstorm with a river running across the road at around 70, back end stepped out & spat him into the Armco head first. 3 wheels ripped off & only the driver's door is undamaged. Fortunately, he got out of hospital this evening with no damage. The car is unfortunately totalled :sad:

Nick, please tell me that wasn't a highly modified car that was at Anglesey on Saturday? Sincerely hope not.

PM sent.

Ouch! That's rotten luck.

Pleased to hear the driver is ok. Sorry to hear the car is totalled.

I wonder if there may have been some slurry in the wash across the road? I had a similar experience on a minor road when cycling and ended up having to ride 15 miles with a broken collar bone before going to A&E.

Either that or perhaps some diesel on the wet road?

Could have been any of us.....

Good luck to the owner.

Cheers, Keith.

A horrible thing to see :nooo:

digger.gif

Hope he gets a massive pay out and is back in another, hopefully not red LX53 :oops:, GT3 soon!

:thumb:

Glad the driver / owner is OK. Never a good accident there was!

NXI20 said:
He hit a rainstorm with a river running across the road at around 70, back end stepped out & spat him into the Armco head first. 3 wheels ripped off & only the driver's door is undamaged.
If I'd had to guess, that was my thoughts from the one photograph. I tend to use my turbo all weathers and hope the 4WD and PSM would perhaps give me a better chance in those conditions, but it makes you wonder...

NXI20 said:
Fortunately, he got out of hospital this evening with no damage. The car is unfortunately totalled :sad:
Glad no one hurt. My commiserations to him though; that's a nice motor and I'm sure it's was not a nice experience.

I am sure we have all experienced those moments on the autobahn/motorway. Moving at speed with those hugely wide rear wheels you are never going to dispell large amounts of water. I am quite sure that even a non 996 GT3 ie one with traction control/PSM would have come acropper.

I had to use the autobahn returning from Nurburg home and the E42 in the area of Spa Francochamps was horrendous with constant little streams across the carriageway. I experienced plenty of little shimmys from the back end. It does remind you that you are alive though :D :D .

It is always a great shame to see another true drivers car bight the dust. Still it can now take pride of place next to the red one http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118405 :thumb:

No injuries just shows how safe these cars are.

Pip

very sad news that another one bites the dust.

good to hear the driver is ok. hopefully quick pay out and into another one

I experienced a similar accident in 2006 in a 997C2S.
not exceeding the posted speed limit on a dual carriageway, but hit a swathe of deep standing water.
Car was on 2 month old N rated Michelins, so full tread
Span right round several times and spat me out into the armco, then a tree on the hard shoulder.
PSM didn't help... :)
I was fine, the car was totalled
[/img]

Edited to say that the car was sold at auction and rebuilt !

Interesting...
investigator.gif

KX55 CEF turned into D19 ROY.

Which then turned into GT03 WOW.

Which is taxed and MOT'd and on a red Porsche again...

microwave.gif

Good to hear driver was ok. Must be gutted (and probably relieved it didn't turn out worse). Hope they get sorted soon.

We've had some horrific surface water in the north during the past week. Drove up to West Argyll on Tuesday and back yesterday. At times I was struggling to get above 60 on M6 and M74. Felt a bit daft, being overtaken by all sorts, but I'd rather get where I'm going in one piece. Wished I'd had my winters on still. Summer tyres are pretty rubbish with even fairly light surface water.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back