Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sensible updates / investing in the future

andygenders

So the car is a keeper, and having fallen head over heels with i decided that it was worth the investment, so after 18 months of ownership today finalised the recent round of what i consider to be sensible updates. this is for an 02 C4S with 58k on the clock

1. Alternator (failed)
2. Steering wheel boss (tall driver)
3. Dashcam (paranoid in car parks)
4. IMS / RMS replaced (cautionary)
5. Top mounts (creaking)
6. new disc and pads all round (previous owner had skimmed the discs)
7. new tyres all round (old ones were 7 years old)
8. Dansk Super Sound exhaust (just to annoy the neighbours)
9. Front lower suspension arms (cautionary)
10. 4 Diagonal suspension arms (cautionary)
11. new engine mounts (cautionary)
12. Wheels refurbished (dipped and painted)
13. Brake Calipers repainted (peeling laquer)
14. Countless hours caring for the paintwork (OCD)
15. New interior car cover
16. Minor service (due a major in september)

All in none of the above had to be done, except for the tyres, but the car drives and looks like new, goes like a bomb, and puts a great big smile on my face every time I drive it.

all the mechanical work was completed by Precision Porsche - can't fault their attention to detail and care with my pride and joy.

so how much have i spent, i reckon close on 8k in just under 2 years of ownership (equates to 1/3rd cost of the car). Petrol costs around 2k, I knew this was not going to be cheap, but then quality costs, and catered for that in my ownership costs.

so i am set now for the next 50k miles, with major mechanicals sorted out - and the biggest grin ever.. :lol: :lol:

most of the items seem fair wear and tear components and getting them refreshed should have no doubt made the driving experience that bit better

I guess it must also be really nice knowing that over the last 2 years your C4S has probably gone up a good few grand in value too. :thumb:

Nothing more satisfying than looking after your pride and joy.

I've had mine just over 4 years and i am in the ball park of £14k in servicing, parts and repairs. Worth every penny if you ask me

Nice one mate

:thumbs:

Craig

Hopefully your neighbours will be the only ones annoyed with the Dansk.

In 200K miles I've spent £33K in costs. This included an engine rebuild late last year to 3.7L as well as various upgrades on the basis that once bits wore out, we made better bits.

At 18 years old and 320 odd thousand miles I expect to see at least another 200K from it before I take it out of daily use and add it to the collection. To date when compared to leasing a 320D BMW on a 3+36 deal at 30K a year with excess at 5P per mile + a 12 month extension I am around 10 grand better off having run a heavily modified 911....... if you take the fuel cost difference into account it's still up by a night out or so.

It's very, very hard to find anything that combines the level of reliability, engineering and fun for less money!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatandywhite
Back