Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New rear tyres - thoughts??

rob_p

Suzuka
Hi all
I am currently running PS2's all round and I am going to need some new rears soon (fronts will be fine for a while). Wheels are 18s. Rears are 265/40.

I am not bothered about N rated as way past any warranty etc

A quick look on camskill would suggest I have the following choices:
PS2 straight replacement (N rated) - £210 each
MPSS - £175 each
There is then a range of good quality other brands (Pirelli p zero, Bridgestone potenza, Goodyear eagle, Yokohama advan) all for around £140-£150

Interested in thoughts? Are the MPSS the obvious choice here?
I would like the tyres to be comfortable and quiet (within reason) - I suspect all of them will offer the performance I need.
Any downsides with the MPSS - the sticky thread does make some comments about being noisier - is this significant?
Should I be mindful of the PS2 on the front and what will work well with them?

Thanks in advance!

Suspect super sports will have some negatives - usually wet weather stopping or cold temp handling.
Do they bit offer PS4s in that size?

jonno_ said:
Suspect super sports will have some negatives - usually wet weather stopping or cold temp handling.

They aren't listed on camskill so I don't think so.
PS4s were my first thought....

rob_p said:
jonno_ said:

They aren't listed on camskill so I don't think so.
PS4s were my first thought....

But they do PS4 in 265 35. That's 13mm less sidewall by my reckoning.... Probably won't tick my comfort box...
Could I go slightly wider I wonder??

Depends what you want your tyres for, do you drive all year including wet and winter, do you drive hard on the roads etc...

bridgestones and pirellis are also excellent tyres for these cars although don't very popular on this forum :eek:

seeforez said:
Depends what you want your tyres for, do you drive all year including wet and winter, do you drive hard on the roads etc...

bridgestones and pirellis are also excellent tyres for these cars although don't very popular on this forum :eek:

It's a second car so no to winter and only in bad weather if I get caught out.
I don't drive particularly hard on roads -albeit a little subjective I gues..

Do you have any recommendations?
Thanks

Of the n rated I like pzero as my summer tyres obv the michelin is better but about £250 more for a set.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartynT
Back