Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Highly modified 997 GT2 for sale

isysman

This car is often at a Tech 9 when mine is in for mods etc. I heard recently from Phil at a Tech 9 that the car was up for sale. It's massively modified as you can see from the advert including a 3.9 litre engine and 850 bhp!

It's actually for sale via Tech 9. I think he thought I might be interested!

Also had GT2RS upgrades.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...7-gt2-1-owner-uk-rhd-3-9l-841ps-920nm/7147782

Tech 9 website advert
http://www.tech9.ms/car-sales/porsche-911-997-gt2

170421152043_1.jpg

170421153426_3.jpg

170421153426_5.jpg

Love the interior on that and have always been a fan of the GT2. 850 bhp must be pretty interesting :)

So let me get this right. £150k for the highest mileage gt2 on sale with an 850hp engine with 25000 miles on it. And it's matt...

Wow not matt just bad pictures.

itsdashy said:
So let me get this right. £150k for the highest mileage gt2 on sale with an 850hp engine with 25000 miles on it. And it's matt...

True, the owner is obviously trying to recover some of the costs from that very expensive engine work.
Personally (at that price range) I would have the black or silver one for sale with 30K miles for £15K less.

Well over priced and it does not matter what's been spent on it (or indeed wasted on it in this case) people want these standard.

apollokre1d said:
itsdashy said:

True, the owner is obviously trying to recover some of the costs from that very expensive engine work.
Personally (at that price range) I would have the black or silver one for sale with 30K miles for £15K less.

This guy has probably put £100,000 into the car, I doubt he sees it as an attempt to recover money. He's probably advertising it at a price he thinks it's worth. It might be high to some but if it sells then it's not. Agreed you reduce the amount of people who would be interested in this but I'm sure there's someone out there who is interested. As for whether he wasted his money, well he's pretty wealthy and I'm sure had a great experience with the car so I doubt he sees it that way.

I have no doubt it will sell, there is definitely a market for that car :)

Boba fett said:
Well over priced and it does not matter what's been spent on it (or indeed wasted on it in this case) people want these standard.
Do they?
I wouldn't want standard,
can't beat 850 horses pushing you up the autobahn, unless of course you want a garage queen that wins all the concourse events, only does a handful of miles and gets dusted every day :thumb:
that's my 2p worth

We are all in this for different reasons.Live and let live I say. :thumbs:

I'd love to own this car its probably stands the owner in closer to £300,000.

I agree though once you mod car in my view is worth less than a stock GT2 which is ridiculous as the RS Tuning engine in that beast is a masterwerks. I'm a seller in the current market though for aircooled and GT cars not a buyer. Prices are bonkers.

think Toby's (the owner) on for a new 991 GT2 RS :thumbs:

Hmmm, a tricky one. An amazing car and for sure it will sell but it'll take longer than a standard GT2.
The the GT2 is a special car in its own right. And as pointed out, all the chin strokers want them standard.

diverzeusy said:
Boba fett said:
Do they?
I wouldn't want standard,
can't beat 850 horses pushing you up the autobahn, unless of course you want a garage queen that wins all the concourse events, only does a handful of miles and gets dusted every day :thumb:
that's my 2p worth

You can do that with a 40k Turbo :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back