Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nicky Hayden

Wow that looks bad , always liked him . Hope he pulls through ok.

Didnt see or hear anything on the news ( not much of a surprise i guess )

Yeah, read about that last night. It doesn't look good I'm afraid. Hope it turns out better than 1st reports. Definitely one of the nice guys in the paddock.

Stay safe fellow cyclists :thumb:

Jeezus, poor bloke, seriously hope he pulls through. One of the nicest guys ever to race a motorcycle. What is it about Imola and surrounding areas that claim so many decent bike riders :?: Joan Lascorz broke his neck there 3 or 4 years ago too :nooo:

DynoMike said:
Jeezus, poor bloke, seriously hope he pulls through. One of the nicest guys ever to race a motorcycle. What is it about Imola and surrounding areas that claim so many decent bike riders :?: Joan Lascorz broke his neck there 3 or 4 years ago too :nooo:

You know what Mike i've just said exactly the same thing!
Shocking, the worlds a bloomin dangerous place....

bloody car drivers.....hope it isn't too serious

.....the last paragraph is not good reading

Nicky Hayden latest news

Friday May 19

9am: Nicky Hayden's sister has sent her support via social media, tweeting: "My brother is a fighter".

Hayden's situation remains critical and his family are by his side in hospital following the accident on Wednesday night.

7.30: Nicky Hayden has suffered severe brain damage and his condition is "extremely critical" after being hit by a car while cycling in eastern Italy.

Honda quoted Cesena's Maurizio Bufalini hospital as saying the 35-year-old had "a serious polytrauma with subsequent serious cerebral damage".

Doctors had placed the 2006 MotoGP champion, known as "The Kentucky Kid", into a medically induced coma after the incident on Wednesday.

Hayden was taken to the hospital after being struck by a car while training on his bicycle along Italy's Adriatic coast following a weekend Superbike race at the Imola circuit.

Honda said he was taken initially by ambulance to a hospital near the coastal resort of Rimini before then being transferred to Cesena.

Hayden's fiancee Jackie and team members had been joined at his bedside by brother Tommy and mother Rose who flew in from the United States.

5.50: People came together in Hayden's hometown of Owensboro in Kentucky on Thursday night.

A mass was held for him at Precious Blood Catholic Church, where his Hayden's uncle was in attendance.

He said: "It's starting to sink in a little bit of how grave the situation may be," said Hayden. "It takes several hours to grasp the impact of it all. At first, you're just in shock. It's difficult to be logical."

His uncle added doctors there have determined that Nicky has very little brain activity and therefore isn't strong enough to undergo certain procedures.

Yes, very sad indeed. First reports were not good and they seem to be getting worse. Dreadful stuff.

Stay safe cyclists, we're very fragile...

Incredibly sad news, why does tragedy always strike the good guys, not scum like Brady was? Really hope he improves but it doesn't look good at the moment :sad:

Nicky Hayden has died from cycling injuries

Saw the other day that Nicky Hayden ex Moto GP World Champion had been involved in a cycling accident in Italy, sounded bad when I read it but now sadly it's been announced that he's died from his injuries.
Another young talent taken away, terrible.

Very sad news for his family. RIP.

.....sad ending for a well respected young man with so much talent on two wheels.

A devastated family and circle of friends.

He and Rossi were close......I suspect this will hurt Valentino

RIP Nicky Hayden - you were always a star to watch on TV and your interviews were always great.

Attachments

• nicky_hayden_942288_941.jpg
    nicky_hayden_942288_941.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 9,740
wizard993 said:
.....sad ending for a well respected young man with so much talent on two wheels.

A devastated family and circle of friends.

He and Rossi were close......I suspect this will hurt Valentino

RIP Nicky Hayden - you were always a star to watch on TV and your interviews were always great.

Well said Wiz, he was a true gent. Very upsetting news but not unexpected after reading the reports, he will be sadly missed.

What a senseless death Rip Nicky :nooo: :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back