Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2018 MACAN facelift

pslot

if I order a Macan now (05/17)
Given there is a 6 + month lead time on delivery
will I get a 2018 facelift model or will I get a 2017 model ?
When facelifts are announced, given that Porsche seems to release facelifts
just after summer break, when will facelift model appear on the configurator ?
Can anyone help ?

Not sure tbh. It will depend on which model you go for regarding lead times. A year ago the lead times were ridiculous (18 months!) but things have improved somewhat.

My understanding is that the facelifts on the Macan are to be very subtle. Your SE at your OPC will be much better placed to feedback accurate info.

my SE at my OPC isn't likely to tell me anything until Porsche actually confirms it, rather than the spy shots we are getting right now.
The rear light cluster will go all the way across the back, and subtle changes to the front.
Nav standard, a price increase and subtle changes to what shows in the instrument info binnacle.
Still it will be an 18 model. 2019 will be big change on engines and presumably not just a "facelift" new look.
They want to get rid of any demo/new/used stock before MY 18 becomes available.
Do POrsche tend to discount pre facelift stock before facelift is announced ?

Autocar are reporting new petrol engines too

pslot said:
Do POrsche tend to discount pre facelift stock before facelift is announced ?

Surely there isn't any stock of Porsches.

Dealers may have their demonstrators and Porsche GB might have a few fleet cars but other than that I thought that they were made to order.

In early 2004 I saw pictures in Autocar of what was to be the 997. Having bought a new Boxster from Porsche Liverpool in 2001 I made enquiries of the dealership. They said they were aware of the article in Autocar but there was nothing "official". I later placed an order for a 911 on the understanding it would be the replacement to the 996 which was launched in September 2004. However with the knowledge of hindsight, I wish I had bought the 1996 P registration 993 that was sitting forlorn in the showroom behind the 996's. It would be worth £50K + now while early 997's with IMS & bore score worries are lucky to fetch £20K.
:x

because MACAN is in such short supply the dealers
order in desireable spec cars .
I visited a dealer yesterday that had 3 MACAN in stock all new
for immediate delivery... thing is they have to have the right options
tricky job predicting that one.
They probably ordered them in around xmas to take up their allocation
if they didn't take their allocation then it would go elsewhere .. so they
miss the boat.. miss the sale etc etc.

The closest anyone has to what I want is an ex demo with 1800 miles on it

Should I pay (pre increase) full list price ?

To answer the OPs question I think the first facelifts will be cMay 2018 delivery ie orders from cSept. Thats fits in with their usual timings and ensure they get plenty of orders for new Sept plate / pre facelift etc.

My brother has just confirmed a July Build (they are keeping it for Sept registration for him) on a GTS. Its specced up to c£70k but he managed to get £1k off as he had started talking to them pre the price rise / increase in standard spec. When I ordered one last year (cancelled at last minute) the lead time was shorter for GTS's but I had zero chance of any discount. I was surprised he got £1k off but he had great pleasure in stating I was a crap negotiator :roll:

jonttt said:
To answer the OPs question I think the first facelifts will be cMay 2018 delivery ie orders from cSept. Thats fits in with their usual timings and ensure they get plenty of orders for new Sept plate / pre facelift etc.

My brother has just confirmed a July Build (they are keeping it for Sept registration for him) on a GTS. Its specced up to c£70k but he managed to get £1k off as he had started talking to them pre the price rise / increase in standard spec. When I ordered one last year (cancelled at last minute) the lead time was shorter for GTS's but I had zero chance of any discount. I was surprised he got £1k off but he had great pleasure in stating I was a crap negotiator :roll:

I think he'll have got a grand off due to the monster spec! If I was close to 70k on a GTS I'd sack it and go for the Turbo PP.

Some people prefer the drive / feel of a n.a. engine over a turbo and he's in the same camp as me on that. Gotta make the most of it before everything is fi :wink:

its really not difficult to add 20K to the price of your car if you dig in to the
option list.

And by the way they are all Turbo's......

Turbos have come such a long way in the past 40 years you really cant tell the difference anymore

Ive driven a Diesel S , a GTS and a base model over the past few days.
.They are all Turbo and have extremely smooth power delivery,
There is no "power step" as in early turbos.

jonttt said:
Some people prefer the drive / feel of a n.a. engine over a turbo and he's in the same camp as me on that. Gotta make the most of it before everything is fi :wink:

Err, the GTS is a turbo. Two in fact :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back