Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Second gear issue

gtb5

My manual 991.2 Carrera is 3 months old and ran 2,500 KM, second gear is hard to get into and that grinding feel is annoying especially when car is not warm, all other gears are fine. Been searching this issue online but only older cars have been discussed. Is it going to get any better down the road or living with it is the only option?

Raise the matter with OPC and they should use warranty to fix if required.
Not heard of this happening on the newer range.

I have a 991.1 and the first to second gear change can be a little awkward when the box is cold and the ambient temperature is low (<6). It is easy to drive around the problem by slowing the gear change slightly and disappears once the gearbox is warm. I wouldn't describe it as grinding though.

It's actually something I quite like about the car :eek:

It seems if I shift down with only fingers tapping the shift knob the action is much smoother, guess I have to get used to refining all gestures again as this gearbox is much less flexible than those on Jap cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back