Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 10
997 : 2004- 67
996 : 1997-2005 45
993 : 1993-1998 11
964 : 1989-1993 4
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 16
Cayman : 2005- 13
Cayenne : 2003- 10
Macan : 2014- 1
Panamera : 2009- 3
912-914-924-928-944-968 3
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Scholester
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
silvermilnec wrote:
Turbo Phil your worth it 👍👍

Thumb Has been considered mate, but then I need to spend 5/6k on an exhaust to make it sound like a 911 Thumb

You would get a Kline for half that Phil.

I had some very fair prices from them on Black Friday but decided to stay stock.

basildon993
Montreal

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously love the car Phil, so how about keeping it and spending the money on this?

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/tpc-supercharger-kit-porsche-997-carrera-0508-p-15559.html

Just a thought! thumbsup
ex Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z Manual

KJD
Suzuka

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Phil.
I know we kicked this around a bit but I wasn't expecting it quite yet.

It's a car that certainly gets attention for all the right reasons and having done nearly a 1000 miles in it recently I can vouch for the fact it goes very well indeed Grin

Phil 997
Fuji

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

basildon993 wrote:
You obviously love the car Phil, so how about keeping it and spending the money on this?

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/tpc-supercharger-kit-porsche-997-carrera-0508-p-15559.html

Just a thought! thumbsup

Funny you mention a supercharger as it had been considered but I am quite glad I didn't after reading the thread about the 996 supercharged up for sale at the moment and the linked thread with discussions from Baz at Hartech at the negatives of adding such a beast without considering upgrading many other engine components to cope with the extra pressures of the supercharger.

My dilemma is just as you say , I love my car and have spent thousands on it to increase my enjoyment of it. There is nothing at all wrong with it, as anything that has needed doing gets done straight away, its fast and fun I don't do track stuff so I don't need to take it to the edge . My interest was just seeing what difference these mods did and the things that worked stayed and the things that didn't went in the garage and there are lots of bits in there lol. So because I enjoy the car and am not bored with it why am I toying with spending another £15/20k plus my car to get into something that effectively looks and drives the same but probably wouldn't have the same road presence that my existing car has .
I am not someone who thinks the supposed issues with the gen1 cars are as prevalent as some think, so its not that.
So is it that sometimes we just fancy a change, I had thought it might be that there was not much more I could do to mine so maybe I was looking for something I could waste bag loads more money on just to upset the bank manager Floor I guess I am not the only person who has these dilemmas Dont know should just consider myself lucky that I am in a position to have a 911 and be thinking about a slightly newer 911 Grin Grin Grin Thumb

Phil 997
Fuji

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scholester wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
silvermilnec wrote:

Thumb Has been considered mate, but then I need to spend 5/6k on an exhaust to make it sound like a 911 Thumb

You would get a Kline for half that Phil.

I had some very fair prices from them on Black Friday but decided to stay stock.

LOL Yes I know, but the best sounding one I have heard was turbojims inconnel exhaust from Kline and thats the sort of money they are Thumb

FRZ 911
Hockenheim

2007 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil,

£15-20k to spend eh? Well, my precious could do with a few upgrades if you're lost for ideas! Question Very Happy

Personally I think you have a superb and unique 911 on your hands which you clearly enjoy. Starting again with a Gen 2 might be appealing but I think I'd find myself constantly comparing it with the mankini green special rather than it being a fresh project in its own right? Just my thought.....

How about a slow burn barn find type project? Wasn't there a thread on 914s recently? Something along those lines whilst keeping that beauty of a car might just scratch the itch?

Anyway, good luck fella with whichever direction you chose. thumbsup

Oh, by the way, first dibs if you're selling any of the carbon dipped plastic trims....... Bandit

Alfaian
Hockenheim

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
silvermilnec wrote:

Laughing that's true phil. What about a GTS ? Or still too dear Dont know

Phil 997
Fuji

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRZ 911 wrote:
Phil,

£15-20k to spend eh? Well, my precious could do with a few upgrades if you're lost for ideas! Question Very Happy

Personally I think you have a superb and unique 911 on your hands which you clearly enjoy. Starting again with a Gen 2 might be appealing but I think I'd find myself constantly comparing it with the mankini green special rather than it being a fresh project in its own right? Just my thought.....

How about a slow burn barn find type project? Wasn't there a thread on 914s recently? Something along those lines whilst keeping that beauty of a car might just scratch the itch?

Oh, by the way, first dibs if you're selling any of the carbon dipped plastic trims....... Bandit

Thanks mate and sound advise may well look at that idea. and yes should the carbon dipped bits come off I will bear you in mind lol
mankini green love it Floor Floor Floor Floor

Phil 997
Fuji

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfaian wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
silvermilnec wrote:

Laughing that's true phil. What about a GTS ? Or still too dear Dont know

Now your talking Ian , but all the cars with GT in the name have gone completely mad and its only white ones that seem to ever be for sale Dont know Grin maybe the coloured ones are cheaper so get sold quickly Floor Floor

Phil 997
Fuji

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FRZ 911 wrote:
Phil,

Just been outside in the Garden and caught sight of the car sitting there and thought to myself "Thats a lot of car for 25k and to anyone not a Porsche enthusiast it looks a hell of a lot more than 25k worth of car". They are funny cars as they look like they are worth so much more than the actually are worth. Grin Thumb

DucatiRob
Suzuka

2006 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil, entirely your decision of course but as you say, £15 to £20k extra for something that is essentially not a lot different. You could throw half that at your car and have something really special! Thumb
Ducati 996

seeforez
Barcelona

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phil i too think about a Gen2 or a turbo nearly every week but i think about the money i have spent getting my car just right and all the maintenance items i have replaced and although less than you have spent i think i have spent >£5k getting my car just perfect for me and the thing is its not just the step up cash to the turbo or the gen2 but then its spending the 5k on bits and bobs again that is putting me off - as effectively i am losing my £5k of bits i havent used yet and then i need to spend the £5k again just to get my new car perfect and i worry that it will still drive very similar and still look very similar but stand me twice the cash....but not give me twice the enjoyment, but as you say half the fun is spending the money so dilemmas dilemma
what

kurlykris
Kyalami

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m assuming that the 997.1 is not your only car Phil Question

How about adding another toy to the fleet Question

I personally find having a choice of hooning cars stops me from getting bored of them, this week I are mostly driving my Boxster S Grin

And after watching Chris Harris in an Ariel Atom, my dark thoughts are rising again Grin

Phil 997
Fuji

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DucatiRob wrote:
Phil, entirely your decision of course but as you say, £15 to £20k extra for something that is essentially not a lot different. You could throw half that at your car and have something really special! Thumb

Rob I hear what your saying mate Grin Grin

Phil 997
Fuji

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeforez wrote:
phil i too think about a Gen2 or a turbo nearly every week but i think about the money i have spent getting my car just right and all the maintenance items i have replaced and although less than you have spent i think i have spent >£5k getting my car just perfect for me and the thing is its not just the step up cash to the turbo or the gen2 but then its spending the 5k on bits and bobs again that is putting me off - as effectively i am losing my £5k of bits i havent used yet and then i need to spend the £5k again just to get my new car perfect and i worry that it will still drive very similar and still look very similar but stand me twice the cash....but not give me twice the enjoyment, but as you say half the fun is spending the money so dilemmas dilemma
what

Glad its not just me then , this thought itch has only happened recently Thumb

G2
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it change for change sake or are you thinking a different derivative
? I'm guessing modding will absolutely be on the cards...how about a cabriolet with acid green interior from Linas?

Phil 997
Fuji

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurlykris wrote:
I`m assuming that the 997.1 is not your only car Phil Question

How about adding another toy to the fleet Question

I personally find having a choice of hooning cars stops me from getting bored of them, this week I are mostly driving my Boxster S Grin

And after watching Chris Harris in an Ariel Atom, my dark thoughts are rising again Grin

Hi Kris , No mate I have a Range Rover vogue for run about kids, beach etc.
had also thought about another car but I love driving the 997 and dont really want to split my time up even more with a third car

had considered all the usual
fezza
cobra
mazza
hot rod
big chopped trike
reliant robin Surprised cw trotters livery
big yank muscle car
356 kit car

cant do things like atoms, lotus as I ate all the pies Floor

Phil 997
Fuji

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G2 wrote:
Is it change for change sake or are you thinking a different derivative
? I'm guessing modding will absolutely be on the cards...how about a cabriolet with acid green interior from Linas?

Love that idea saw a fantasric techart designed new boxter with lots of acid green accents when at Dinslaken , I was interested in a set of the acid trimmed floor mats until I was told £600 euros for a set by the techart rep there, FFS to put my feet on to protect my £200 carpet well that was not going to happen . Floor Floor nooo

Not sure on my reasoning for change other than a gen2 starts at 385bhp before I start playing so I can see an easy 415plus BHP with a few toys and remap and that should get me to 29mph so much quicker Floor Floor Floor Floor
also was toying with a manual which I havent owned for 20 years, just to see if it really is a better drive than auto personally I love the auto but might be a bit of fun to try something different. Thumb Thumb

MNC911
Österreich

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difficult decision as to price Phil. I guess you know you're not going to get your money back with the amount of money you've put into making it unique and personal to you. The reality is it might be more difficult to sell the more you've moved it away from the original. Or you could find it getting a lot of interest.

If you go too high, then you could narrow the market by being too close to Gen2.

Where do you think it sits in the market, price wise with 85k?
'02 Boxster

kurlykris
Kyalami

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can`t really see the point of going for a 997.2 from what you have Phil, but going for a manual Porsche is a must IMHO, heel and toe and all that Grin

As others have said, low to mid 20`s for yours with 85K on the clock, narrower market with your "refinements" wack

Oh what a connundrum, nice one to have though Grin

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: