Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Guards Red 997 Spring detail

CarreraMonkey

Ok, so I still haven't done any paint correction on the Guards red 997 and the paint has taken a lot of grief over the winter - however that's the downside of driving that bad boy everyday. :cool:

I've been flat out busy for about 6 weekends, but this weekend was perfect - weather was dry and cool, wife is away and the kids are glued to the PS4.

So after a good pre-soak, 2 bucket wash, decontam, clay, rinse and dry, I was expecting the paint to be clean. But it still had some tar left over. So I buzzed around every panel with BH cleansing fluid. I have to say, this is now a favourite product as it left every panel perfect. Even mark's that had resisted previous decontamination and claying were gone.

After that it was time for a coat of BF GEP, followed by a coat of AFPP. Things were looking up..

Left to cure for a few hours ( I know it should be longer, but we're talking tenths really..) I applied 2 coats of BF Midnight Sun.

So here you are folks - my exhausting 'wet ice over fire' version of my C4S. Hope you like it and believe me, the effort is worth it!

The damn thing is sat outside right now glowing in the sunset. Rolling artwork!

Another stunning job, daily driver !!! Puts me to shame😊

Great work Matt it's looks fantastic mate. :grin:

Stunning as others have said and I love the subtle black accents.

I think all red tail lights might make her look even more special. Amazing in guards.

KJD said:
Great work Matt it's looks fantastic mate. :grin:

Some credit! I'll take that one Kev.

Des and Apollo - thx.

New boots next (mine are 'track tyres') so will get the wheels painted black at the same time. Then maybe red lights. Need to be 'the right ones' though.

CarreraMonkey said:
Then maybe red lights. Need to be 'the right ones' though.

I bought those for my turbo and they are much better looking than the after market LED ones people fit on the Gen1.

apollokre1d said:
CarreraMonkey said:
Then maybe red lights. Need to be 'the right ones' though.

I bought those for my turbo and they are much better looking than the after market LED ones people fit on the Gen1.

+1 have to be the OEM all red if at all. Look especially nice on red and black cars in my view.

:thumbs:

edited t say I'd personally leave the wheels silver personally or if you want black go for the fuchs as they have a beautiful silver dish or lobster claws with black centre and silver rim. The silver wheels on it now really suit the car

If you're all good boys and girls, I'll show you my poilished airbox tomorrow..

:eek:

Nice job Matt, see you at the simply porsche weekend mate . :thumb:

CarreraMonkey said:

I've been very good :mrgreen:

KJD said:
CarreraMonkey said:

Photobucket is playing up at the moment, but here it is as an attachment. I've never seen beading on an air filter before :D

Edit: file too big. :roll:

CarreraMonkey said:
KJD said:
CarreraMonkey said:

Photobucket is playing up at the moment, but here it is as an attachment. I've never seen beading on an air filter before :D

Edit: file too big. :roll:

:pc:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back