Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

1,000,000th 911 roles off the production line

....and it's a manual.

Personally, I like the idea that a celebration model has been created. Yeah, I guess the colour may divide opinion but I understand the reasoning behind the styling, especially the houndstooth pattern seats. Have to confess to being a fan of that pattern. Hats of to Porsche for recognising the millionth 911 to roll out and to the world tour that it's embarking on. Can't be easy to incorporate 50+ years of styling and colour into one single car.

Congrats to Porsche.

I did a factory tour last week and I was mesmerised at what what is produced in such a relatively humble building..and the staff are allowed to drink beer when at work lol

I actually don't mind the colour, just not a fan of all the wood on the steering wheel :)

I love the colour, the gold badging and the pascha patterned seats. Just the steering wheel thst isn't to my taste.

I've seen a car in this colour at OPC Reading. Very distinctive and suits the shape well, in my view. Its just a shame that unless you are a highly preferred customer, then they won't allow you to tick the PTS option needed to achieve this or indeed any other non-standard colour. :dont know:

Staff allowed to drink beer while they work! That explains a lot. They must have been well pissed when they designed the M96 & 97 engines.

I actually quite like the interior flare, the green isn't my go to however.

Pretty cool to mark the milestone no matter how you look at it.

CarreraMonkey said:
The 1 millionth has been on a 500 mile hack around scotland. Nice to see it's not been stuck straight into the museum. 8)

I expect to see that car at Goodwood FoS, The Silverstone Classic and at Castle Hedingham this year.

In believe the plan is to display it all around the world before it retires to Porscheplatz.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back