Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine management light. Cayman S Gen 1.

Paterson12

Every few thousand miles I get an engine management light. I can't remember the specific fault code (I've been scratching my head all afternoon) but it was related to the emissions being lean/weak signal on bank 2. The light goes off by itself after a switching the car on and off a few times.

I'm suspecting the lambda sensor but what complicates matters is the fact that I've had the secondary catalystic converters removed.

Would removing the secondary cats cause the light or is it irrelevant?

As the car has had a recent MOT and the light is very intermittent I'm not concerned about the cats been knackered.

Need a little more info on the fault code im afraid , was it pre or post lambda sensor ?

Did it mention ageing ?

Could be an exhaust leak causeing a weaker reading on one side .. could be an air leak if its pre cat etc etc .....

And yes it might depending on the fault code although ive not come across it with decats on these before .

I had the lean error code intermittently (2195 /2197 I think) last week on my 997.

In my case the intake hose to the throttle body wasn't fitted properly after a service.

Worth a quick check on all hoses, oil and fuel caps etc being loose as a slight air leak will trigger the code. I refitted mine and no problem since.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back