Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Steering Wheel Recover Service in Greater Manchester

DP911

As title got a 2006 997 am waiting on picking up it's on 50k miles so want to bring interior back to life what are my options on the steering wheel?

Anyone know anyone local to me that would offer a good retrim?
Also wouldn't mind a thicker chunky wheel, seen some services on EBAY offering flattening out also looks quite smart.

Thanks

Royal Steering Wheels seem to place to go to for this and have great reviews on here. There are not close to you (Aylesbury) but you can post the wheel to them to save yourself the trip.

apollokre1d said:
Royal Steering Wheels seem to place to go to for this and have great reviews on here. There are not close to you (Aylesbury) but you can post the wheel to them to save yourself the trip.

Do they include flattening service and custom design etc?

DP911 said:
apollokre1d said:

Do they include flattening service and custom design etc?

Hmm good question, I had a look at their gallery http://royalsteeringwheels.com/997987-2/ and did not see any on there but I would definitely ask them, if they don't do it perhaps they know someone reputable that will. Good luck :thumbs:

Linas at DesignLS is your man and you can post it to him he can make it thicker and flatten the bottom inc the thumb rests. etc also he can add a colour band at the 12 oclock position . also can add carbon or alcantara etc. if you want it. Also worth considering while you have bits with him are embossed armrest he has the tooling for the porsche word or crest plus others they look great with the matching french stitching. there are various threads on here with pics of his work

http://www.designls.co.uk/index.php/automotive/porsche-interior

:thumb:

DP911 said:
Very nice cheers Phil mate appreciated information. :thumb:

I'm in Stockport and had mine done by Royal. Jack thickened it up for me and did the design as i asked. He did an exchange service so sent me the finished wheel and I sent him the original back.

Rick

Mezgerite said:
DP911 said:
Very nice cheers Phil mate appreciated information. :thumb:

I'm in Stockport and had mine done by Royal. Jack thickened it up for me and did the design as i asked. He did an exchange service so sent me the finished wheel and I sent him the original back.

Rick

Thanks mate so glad I found this forum.
I'm new to Porsche & new to Lancashire so any help on where to get stuff for the car is appreciated. I'll defo be doing this steering wheel when I get the car.

Also any advice on nice places to eat in southport would be good too?
My wife & I have been down a few times when weather has been good last few weekends.

Royal and designLS are the two preferred retrimers on this forum both have very good reputations on here :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yarders
Back