Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

System Fault - Visit Workshop - FIXED

RJKflyer

Montreal
Got in car, closed door with an odd clatter - realised window had not done it's thing.

Neither window switch worked. Memory seat console inoperative, but seats operated fine with own switches.

Car fired up perfectly, normal cranking etc.

"System Fault - Vist Workshop" appeared.

Drove car about and fault persisted. Alarm not working, but central locking all OK.

Later in day tried again and fault had disappeared, and normal function returned. Opened and closed door several times, operated windows, alarm all OK.

A few minutes later got out and back it came!

Did a batt drop/load test and measured 12.5V and 74Ah.

Sounds like a Control Unit failing?

Is it a cab ?

Check under the passenger seat for water or a drinks bottle that might have leaked onto the rear control unit .

Other than that check the fuses .

Bit of a weird fault .. possible ignition switch fault if intermitant but not one ive seen before.

please put what car you have in a signature .. it makes life easier :D

Start by checking under the passenger seat , your looking for water from either a leak or a drinks bottle .. if ok then it needs a tester putting on the car and seeing what the fault codes are.

System fault would normally relate to the vehicle elctrics control unit which is up under the dash o/s but the faults you have relate mostly to the alarm system and part of that is under the passenger seat .. its called the rear control unit.

Other than checking for water and fuses having blown then theres not much you can do im afraid.

Thanks. I will check for a CU issue (loose connector e.g.), although definitely no water there as i tend to keep any eye for such things.

I didn't realise there was CU under there that did anything other just seat occupancy.

Anyway, all under warranty, so will be someone else's problem. Although I much prefer to know what's wrong first...!

FIXED

On the battery negative, there is a nut and bolt which secures another cable (10mm2 or so) that runs off somewhere.

As I touched it to attached a clip of a drop tester, there was a sparking sound, which seemed odd for a -ve, accompanied by the driver's door window doing it's auto drop which of course explained it as it must power the controller that was looking for an earth.

Bolt loose, and when tightened, all appears fixed.

Who I love easy cheap fix!! 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back