Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 GT3 Owners looks away now, it's Green Verdi Mantis

Porsche News

where do I start....

actually it doesnt get much further than this

Following a respray in 2016 to this Lamborghini Green Verdi Mantis this GT3 is a sure fire future classic!

add the tatty belts and no air con, but it does come with a replacement engine with it's 88k miles on the clock

The asking price of £64,980 is somewhat optimistic, probably just reverse the 6 and the 4

http://www.mhcarsales.co.uk/used-cars/porsche-911-3-6-996-gt3-2dr-woodstock-201704204608268

Following a respray in 2016 to this Lamborghini Green Verdi Mantis this GT3 is a sure fire future classic! recent full overhaul costing £15000, new brakes, suspension, engine and service work, this car is now ready to be enjoyed. Huge folder including CD-rom of pictures. Black Full leather interior, Verdi Mantis, Roll Cage, Porsche Light Weight Bucket Seats, All GT3 original Spec including a replacement engine.

Attachments

• 2017_05_05_17_41_48_973.jpg
    2017_05_05_17_41_48_973.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 5,895
  • 2017_05_05_17_46_17_168.jpg
    2017_05_05_17_46_17_168.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 5,895
  • 2017_05_05_17_48_24_613.jpg
    2017_05_05_17_48_24_613.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 5,895
That will hang about for a while. For all sorts of reasons.

That number plate has to be worth £400 of the asking price...

And provide a big clue as to its history!

i quite like the colour.

talking of green cars, what happened to Maltons Viper Green ones?

Ex track-slag. I own the original engine from this car & it needs a rebuild after a mere 55K miles.

Tread very carefully...

The leather looks like a quarter million mile car and the belts... how do you even get belts to ever look that tired? And who would repaint a Porsche in a Lamborghini colour that didn't exist when it was made then call it an investment...? And in the extreme long term: not having the original engine is always a black mark against classic provenance too.

Nobody who knows what they are looking at is ever going to pay the kind of money that they are asking for that are they :dont know:

The only reason to buy this car would be at half the price and to continue it's existence as a track slag. Even then I think I'd want to get it somewhere to get the alignment checked first though - chances of this chassis being straight?!

I usually don't mind tyre brands such as Falken or Kumho. As a matter of fact, my daily M3 has a matching set of Falken FK 453s and so does the X5.

BUT...

I find it extremely disturbing that this "surefire appreciating and rare classic" sports a set of Falken and Kumhos on its axles.

Nothing wrong with a GT3 being used on track a lot, but if they could not be bothered to fit a matching set of rubber, it begs the question what else was maintained along the same line.

For the record - I am a sucker for green cars in general, but this particular 996 looks *****...

Another footnote for this car is that while it is not a Clubsport (the cage is the Tequipment retrofit into a comfort), the original purchaser specified a comfort and deleted the (no cost) air conditioning. So basically this was an odd one with low desirability straight from the dealer, which might perhaps explain someone at some point acquiring it to make into a track slag...?

For sale at Fearnsport should be a big plus in it's favour I would say ....

This model was the first GT3 I ever saw ' in the metal' it was beautiful then , as now ........!

Far better than the track slag .....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back