Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for 997.1 Carrera 2S or 4S

OllyW

Can anybody recommend anything that I may not have spotted yet.

Has to be below 70k miles, Manual, Coupe, budget between £21k-28k. Anywhere in the UK considered but the closer to Teesside the better!

Maybe someone on the forum is due to be selling up?

Eventually the car will have coilovers, GT3 bumpers, GT3RS wing, flares, aftermarket exhaust, so it's not just completely standard cars that I would consider.

Let me know what you've got. Looking to buy ASAP.

OllyW said:
Can anybody recommend anything that I may not have spotted yet.

Has to be below 70k miles, Manual, Coupe, budget between £21k-28k. Anywhere in the UK considered but the closer to Teesside the better!

Maybe someone on the forum is due to be selling up?

Eventually the car will have coilovers, GT3 bumpers, GT3RS wing, flares, aftermarket exhaust, so it's not just completely standard cars that I would consider.

Let me know what you've got. Looking to buy ASAP.

Where have you been searching? Manual or tip? Colour and essential option s will increase responses which are of use to you.

seeforez said:
What about this as a private sale i think his price is a tad optimistic - might be worth a call with £28k ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-9...579395?hash=item3ae09e6243:g:sCYAAOSw53NY9fcW

Agreed seen similar age similar miles Carrera 4S at main dealer around 30-33k recently so the price is slightly high but like he said in advert he's probably holding off for good figure.

At other end of the scale I've just got into a Carrera 2S on 55 plate with 50k miles and an engine rebuild from a well respected Indy & ex Harlech employee so they are very good value & this is probably them bottomed out now as far as it's going to go.

OllyW

A colleague at work (based in North Essex) is about to put his 2005 997 3.8 2S for sale in the next few weeks. It is in guard red with aero kit, black leather interior and black Porsche alloys. Has done 70,800 miles, with an engine rebuild/IMS a few years ago. He is looking for £26k.

I have attached a photo of the car.

If you are interested please PM me and I can put you in touch with him.

Attachments

• car_911_109.jpg
    car_911_109.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 4,852
Doddyweir said:
OllyW

A colleague at work (based in North Essex) is about to put his 2005 997 3.8 2S for sale in the next few weeks. It is in guard red with aero kit, black leather interior and black Porsche alloys. Has done 70,800 miles, with an engine rebuild/IMS a few years ago. He is looking for £26k.

I have attached a photo of the car.

If you are interested please PM me and I can put you in touch with him.

That looks lovely. With a documented engine rebuild (worth checking details) it could be a good option and GR is as good as it gets on a Porsche 8)

HI OllyW

Can you PM me your email, I have a 997 for sale you may be interested in.

Regards, Olly

It does make you wonder how many 997.1 3.8 cars actually get past 70k without needing a rebuild?!

jerzybondov said:
It does make you wonder how many 997.1 3.8 cars actually get past 70k without needing a rebuild?!

Don't say that ... I clicked over 70k at Eurotunnel,Coming back from Dinslaken :hand:

jerzybondov said:

The Vast Majority. Don't believe what you read on the internet........

I would definitely be taking a good look at the red car and the associated paperwork. Wheels would look better in Shaddow Chrome.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back