Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Engine tried to escape today .pics.

Stever845

Monza
On my way home after a quick blast one of my engine mounts broke going over a bump , luckily i was close to home and going really slow at the time. Hope nothing else got damaged. Are euro car parts engine mounts any good already spent too much lately so thinking of these .
Anyone else had this happen.
The engine is supported now until i get mounts.

Attachments

• img_0970_196.jpg
    img_0970_196.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 4,782
  • img_0971_571.jpg
    img_0971_571.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 4,782
Stuff me !!! you were lucky as that could have been so much worse .

I have never seen nor even herd of that happening and if i hadnt seen the pictures i wouldn,t have belived it , they can burst yup but that :eek:

Lambda sensor wires like bow stings there , engine is probably sitting on the cross member so i think only those might possibly give you trouble .

I know , imagine it went at speed and caused the other one to snap swell .
Do you think I've got away with it . please say yes Iain

:eek:

Snap!

Don't see that and so lucky some serious damage wasn't caused. I'd be getting everything that joins to the engine checked out: gearbox mount, aircon pipes, power steering pipes, water pipes, etc.

Wouldn't surprise me if you had a torn hose somewhere.

No leaks as yet but will have a good look and get it up on a ramp asap as long as it seems ok to drive after new mounts are on .

Attachments

• img_0974_212.jpg
    img_0974_212.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 4,756
You should be ok with most things , we drop the engine to the brace bar when doing various bits and pieces and only some models require bits removeing before hand .. yours is pretty much ok ..

The lambda sensors should be ok but they are pretty tight in the picture .. youll soon know as youll get an eml on after a warm up cycle if inop .

I had no warning lights for the few hundred meters home after it happened so fingers crossed .
Im now torn between rss or similar mounts and standard, i think i will stick to standard i wouldn't be happy with any extra vibrations and I've spent too much lately lol.
Maybe my exhausts will sit a bit more snug now :thumb:

Wow - proper job :lol:

Will do Iain thanks,
have you or anyone else any experience with the eurocarparts mounts :?:

We dont tend to use them for parts like that but i see no reason why they should be a problem and to keep costs down it seems sensible for now .. RS mounts later on perhaps :)

The brace bar is there as a safety device for this sort of thing .

Obviously do both mounts as the other would have had a lot of stress on it at that angle .

Yeh i can get both for £236 with a discount code so i will order them now .
I hope the nut comes undone ok now it not being held lol, that may give me issues.

The 18 mm nut comes out easy with an airgun , youll either get the nut off or the entire stud section with it .. with a bar then youll need a long one i expect .. up top is easy .. whole job wont take long.

Ouch that look like it could have been very nasty.

Rennline mounts ( red inserts )m on my 997 which were very harsh and on removal looked like the bolt had stretched slightly and today they were replaced with RSS mounts. They do produce more vibration than standard but acceptable for me and do improve the handling and gear change,

I am tempted by the upgraded mounts but i'm gona get the standards just now and upgrade later in the knowledge i have new standards to swap out if i don't like em .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back