Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Turbo removing Aerokit rear spoiler

maph

Spa-Francorchamps
OK,

I trying to find out how easy it is to remove a aerokit rear spoiler and replace with a standard one? The car has the spoiler lift button but does anyone know whether the wiring is there through to the rear for the lift?

I do not have the car yet so cannot check for myself.

Also what is the chance of anyone with Balsalt 997.2 t wanting to do a swap?

Advertise on here for a swap .....some people love it ....

I prefer the standard rear spoiler but you don't know unless you put the ad up...

Good luck .....!

Good idea but it would be good to keep it as OEM as possible, especially seeing as it has the lift button on the dash..... I would assume that the wiring is there at the rear but assumptions can be costly!

I wouldn't swap it, you should keep it on the side. The Aero kit is actually quite sought after and oem aero wings can sell for a lot. Normal wings are always available.

If you ever decided to sell your car in future, a buyer could check that it was spec'd with it and wonder why its not there.

I imagine you are keeping the aero front lip. I had read somewhere that the standard rising wing actually provides zero downforce and the aero definitely does, wouldn't want to unbalance the car.

116618LN said:
I wouldn't swap it, you should keep it on the side. The Aero kit is actually quite sought after and oem aero wings can sell for a lot. Normal wings are always available.

If you ever decided to sell your car in future, a buyer could check that it was spec'd with it and wonder why its not there.

I imagine you are keeping the aero front lip. I had read somewhere that the standard rising wing actually provides zero downforce and the aero definitely does, wouldn't want to unbalance the car.

That is good advise and probably the way I would go. Any idea what standard spoilers go for when available?

I've got a mint basalt black fully working, I would do a swap with.

It's a Gen 1 but I believe they are the same.

OOh BoBa beat me to it although mine is slate grey but I would also swap I prefer the aerokit (Mine also a Gen1 )

Boba fett said:

OK, looks like a swap could be possible if that is the way I went. I have not completed on the sale for the car yet and will live with it for a few months and see how I feel before making a decision...... I guess it will give me time to see if I can locate the wiring!

If anyone has seen a standard wing for sale and know roughly how much they sell for I would be interested as well :thumb:

maph said:
Boba fett said:

OK, looks like a swap could be possible if that is the way I went. I have not completed on the sale for the car yet and will live with it for a few months and see how I feel before making a decision...... I guess it will give me time to see if I can locate the wiring!

If anyone has seen a standard wing for sale and know roughly how much they sell for I would be interested as well :thumb:

Ok ready when you are. I do know rear lids complete, OE Rams, wiring, pumps, top wing etc don't go cheap.

I also think if it's standard it would not have the lift button, so it could be retrofitted and it might not be OE.

I've got the front but not the rear!!

I have the aero kit installed from the factory, I still have a useless spoiler lift button.

116618LN said:
I have the aero kit installed from the factory, I still have a useless spoiler lift button.
That's my understanding too. They just code it out so you don't get the spoiler failure warning when it activates @ speed.
All wiring will be there.

jonno_ said:
116618LN said:
That's my understanding too. They just code it out so you don't get the spoiler failure warning when it activates @ speed.
All wiring will be there.

Thanks Jonno, that what I am assuming.

You can ask any Porsche dealer and they will tell you if it was fitted as standard. It it's aftermarket and you don't like then you can move it on. Give them your VIN and they will tell you the original spec.

isysman said:
You can ask any Porsche dealer and they will tell you if it was fitted as standard. It it's aftermarket and you don't like then you can move it on. Give them your VIN and they will tell you the original spec.

Pretty sure it was on from the factory but will get them to run the vin and see what it comes up with. Thanks!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back