Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speed camera detectors , just ordered one for the turbo

Jonathon555

Suzuka
I have owned speed camera detectors in the past of one form or another. Started with the old uniden / snooper type in the 90's the bought a road angel in the early 2000's, then at Talex gps one in2006 which I used till 2009. But since then I have ran without one travelling approx 35,000 miles a year . But normally in cars that will not get you bang in trouble very quickly.

But since the new fine levels and that on the roads I travel there now seems to be laser vans popping up in the most unexpected places. ( places that have never seen an accident but are nice clear open roads)

I know the answer is just stick to the speed limit but I would then be travelling slower than a lot of coaches on the motorway.

I have decided to try another one Aguri Skyway

https://aguriworld.co.uk/index.php/speed-trap-detection.html

It looks ok , but not read any reviews

Anyone own this one ?

My mate has ordered a different one cheetah c550 which won an auto express test but does not detect laser scattet

I like the Aguri Fusion - just because of the feature that if the detection circuitry fails to pick up a camera in time you can have an action replay on video of yourself getting done for speeding. :judge::lol:

Del.

Still working fine, but it can't beat care and good common sense, imo... :lol:

I have a Bel Euro550 which was the best you could get back in the day. However, after passing several vans & it not picking up any signal / lazer, it's been sat in a drawer for the past few years.

Had a dedicated lazer jammer which came fitted in a previous car & it never picked up the vans either!

I've come to the conclusion that you might as well save your cash for the inevitable fine if you are unlucky enough to be caught.

I use PGPSW Camera Alert on my phone, obviously no laser detection but there are a lot of 'possible' locations (many of which I've uploaded) on their database. Also shows red light cameras, not that I hop through the odd one on amber! :lol:

I have a valentine one which ive had for years. Before that a Bell 440. I find the valentine one great, pretty much no false alarms and it picks up the non infra-red cameras about half a mile or more before you get to them.

The only problem with speed camera detectors like this is that the mobile traps use laser and by the time they detect it you have already been caught.

What ive used for the last 6 or 7 years is Waze, which is a sat nav app, but has all the speed camera locations in it and users can report mobile traps / hazards etc. I dont drive anywhere without it on, even on my daily commute and its saved my bacon loads of times.

rabbitstew said:
What ive used for the last 6 or 7 years is Waze, which is a sat nav app, but has all the speed camera locations in it and users can report mobile traps / hazards etc. I dont drive anywhere without it on, even on my daily commute and its saved my bacon loads of times.

This. It's saved me a few times.

Have to agree, Waze is very good and the more of us that use it the better it will be.

+1 for Waze. Simple to use, great navigation with live updates from an active community.

I use this little solar powered device as it's tiny (same size as a memory stick) and easily portable into my wife's car - also it's less than £50 :thumb:

Streetwize SWSPY Speed
81Xye7RRLQL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Streetwize...714488&sr=1-1&keywords=Streetwize+SWSPY+Speed

How do you find that Les? It has some pretty average reviews on Amazon :)

It's not let me down so far, it's gone off for every fixed camera speed trap Waze has warned me about.

you can download the fix camera locations or fixed and normal mobile locations (which I have).

The only issue I had was the charging as my car is kept in a garage and therefore does not have enough sunlight to keep it charged.
It comes with a 12v holder / charger, but I prefer it on the screen (I keep it next to the mirror), so I modified the suction cup holder and plugged in a long USB cable which goes to a standard 12v.

For less than £50 it's worth a go.

I'm off to Monaco in a couple of weeks and this has euro coverage as well, which saves my data allowance if I was to use Waze, Tomtom or the Cyclops app.

Right you are, I was thinking i'd get one for my motorcycle for when Waze is not an option. Cheers for that.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back