Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DAB Intermittsnt reception

Lasrblueexige

991.2 T4S...

First time I have had DAB in a car so I have no past experience to relate to.

Daily compute is Farnham to Stoke Podges through Ascot and Winsor. So DAB reception at worse should be fairly constant.....or at least good sections of the daily compute should be. (I am not computing through the North of Scotland!!).

All the available DAB channels cut in and out. What is strange is that I have audio for 10 seconds and and the lose reception for ten seconds and so on and so forth. Its the regularity which is concerning.

I have the SAT Nav voice instructions set to off and not at a low volume.

Anybody throw any light on this...or had a similar problem.

I dont use the DAB down here for that very same reason , I would go into your local decent car audio place and talk to them about a more powerful Ariel. try and avoid the ones that fix inside the windscreen as they are ugly have a chat to them about fitting one inside your front pillar trim . get the most powerful one you can and that should sort it. the ones that come with the units are now very good and only work in the middle of a city. :thumb:

It is also worthwhile checking if you get the same blackspots every day - I did the journey to Feltham quite often and there are a couple of short DAB blackspots on the A30 off Junction 13 of the M25.

I suspect you probably have a problem with your system. Do you get those symptoms wherever you drive? I'd be surprised if you had problems up that way. I've been to Windsor a few times and I don't recall any reception issues.

I've had DAB in cars for a fair few years and yes, it used to be bad but the last four years or so I've had very few problems. The only consistent black spot I find is on the M40 at the Banbury on-slip going south - and that's only for about 80 meters. Everywhere else is fine (Warwickshire, Oxford, Hants, Sussex, Wilts, Dorset, Devon, Cornwall). That goes for a variety of cars not just the Porsche.

I think the DAB antenna is in the front screen - perhaps there's a connection problem? I seem to recall people having issues with replacement screens not being reconnected correctly.

Hope you get it sorted :thumb:

Never had it drop out in my 991.1. I dont use it a lot, just when there is a Test Match on and then on the same roads, but no issues at all. :dont know:

Agree that sounds like an issue. I'm often around M4 corridor/ A4/A404 and never noticed any issues. As said above, maybe connector to antenna in windscreen not secure? Same car btw.

Thanks for the replies.....

Must have been a bad day as the problem as completely rectified itself....

Perhaps there's a bad connection somewhere and the warmer weather has helped? I hope it stays sorted :thumb:

I seem to have the same issue of drop out when I'm leaving london and driving to a new area. The booster aerial sounds like a good plan and im going to look at that to solve the issue as in London i have zero issues.

DAB is simply terrible. On all my cars that have DAB, I have the same issue around London (or anywhere for that matter) that I always lose reception.

I use FM mainly now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back