Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Colour Advice Please

Swampy

Hi, I am looking for a 997 C4S and one that I am interested in is Basalt Black, I have always been told that black is a nightmare to live with eg showing up the dirt.... Has anyone got any views on this.

Swamps :)

From experience, yes it is!!!

To be fair any dark metallic is harder to maintain as it shows the dirt/dust more also any scratches or marring to the paint. Stone chips show up white in contrast to the dark due to primer or wax residue in the chip.

Looks great though when its clean!

As Robert says , all darks need to be kept clean and look stunning when the are clean . a good set of products and a proper cleaning regime will make it much easier for you . Lots of helpful guys on here re products and how to lookafter the paint.

Silver is the most forgiving colour but very hard to make it pop. although some have got some very nice results and subtle accents badging can make silver pop

White hides the swirls but is a pig to keep clean

Red is a bit like the dark colours in whe way it looks

yellow is insects favourite colour and with insects comes birds so you will be forever cleaning insects and poo of the car lol.

The choice is yours but all have pros and cons. :thumb: :grin:

As Phil says above or, you could get a 'rat' wrap and never worry again (as well as knowing you have the coolest dirty car ever). :thumb:

IMG_2671_zpsjxdwfoow.jpg

One of the best looking colours on a Porsche IMO when clean and swirl-free but be prepared to put in a lot of time and effort if you're particular about how your car looks.

It's merciless at showing dirt, dust, pollen and any kind of marring to the paint but it could be the perfect colour for you if you're into detailing - it will keep you busy but will also be very rewarding.

Perfect for a garage queen but a tough colour for a daily driver, especially in our climate. :lightening:

Mine is black on black. Shows up dust and when it rains at the moment it's covered in dust from the rain it seems.

This is what hand car washes were invented for. £6 a pop round my way for an excellent job :)

What they say. I have 3 911s, one black, one white and one silver. The black one is the hardest to keep presentable. Silver and white no prob.

Jam911 said:

Well just as i thought, many thanks for all your replies.
RJS in Slough have one, 2010 57k miles for £47k, I really wanted one under 50k miles but their is not much about at the mo :(
I would of preferred dark grey but black definitely looks the part.

Swamps :)

To be honest dark grey (Seal is ok) is not a lot better than black to look after.

Black - like a dinner suit - looks well - bloody good

I remain a speed yellow / guards red fan

FRZ 911 said:
As Phil says above or, you could get a 'rat' wrap and never worry again (as well as knowing you have the coolest dirty car ever). :thumb:

IMG_2671_zpsjxdwfoow.jpg
If I got my hands on an RS I would be down this path in a heartbeat. For 2 reasons:
1 I like it
2 I couldn't give a monkey what anyone else thinks

For a standard 911 I would fancy the speed yellow 4GTS that I saw advertised a few weeks back

This is the best colour Atlas Grey ,its been treated with Gtechniq so its easier to keep clean. I may be a little biassed. :thumb:

Attachments

• img_0812_431.jpg
    img_0812_431.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 4,860

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back