Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Experiences of OPC servicing

acme

A strange question possibly, especially as my 993 hasn't seen the inside of an OPC in over a decade.......my long term Indy changed hands a while back and is no longer in my eyes the same thing, and I'm struggling to find another. So I rang the OPC and below are their quotes, it'll be less in reality as I'll supply my own oil & filters.

So, any feedback/thoughts/experiences, never thought I'd be taking it there!

oil service/6 months (!) £260+VAT
12k/annual £390+VAT

Cheers

Seems reasonable to me. My local Indy charges (incl VAT) £306 for a minor & £375 for a major on my 997 turbo. Thats excluding stuff like brake fluid changes/plug changes etc.

Will they allow you to use own oil and filters... wont it have to be Porsche approved?

Just started using OPC in Tewkesbury and prices have been very reasonable, £565 for a major service including brake fluid and replacement poly-rib belt. Also with the advantage of supplying a decent loan car. They even provide a video report health check.

OPC now provide a significant discount on labour rates for older models.

LIZ111S said:
Just started using OPC in Tewkesbury and prices have been very reasonable, £565 for a major service including brake fluid and replacement poly-rib belt. Also with the advantage of supplying a decent loan car. They even provide a video report health check.

I was like poly-rib belt and then realised you had a 996, phew I thought I'd missed something :thumb:

Trev

Cameltoe & Heel said:
LIZ111S said:

I was like poly-rib belt and then realised you had a 996, phew I thought I'd missed something :thumb:

Trev

I won't mention the water leaks I have had over the past week :floor: plumbing nightmare!

Alex at Tewkesbury loves air cooled and know his stuff, I have also used Nottingham OPC and I have been told Leicester are very good as well.

Well I know for certain that I wouldn't use Bournemouth OPC based on my own experience with them. How many of Porsches mechs have actually been trained on air cooled?
I think I would prefer someone who does these older cars all day long.

Robertb said:
Will they allow you to use own oil and filters... wont it have to be Porsche approved?

I wondered that too but seemingly it's not that unusual that someone provides their own oil, they said. Not sure how they'll react when I say filters too as I only use mahle's!

I'm also intrigued how much it'll reduce the bill by given how much they charge for the Porsche oil.....

It's Colchester BTW if anyone's got feedback?

Cheers

I can recommend OPC Brooklands (previously Camtune I believe). Keen and knowledgeable on air cooled and happy to use owner supplied oil as long as it's Porsche specified. Brooklands museum and Mercedes World are only a short walk away.

acme said:
Robertb said:

I wondered that too but seemingly it's not that unusual that someone provides their own oil, they said. Not sure how they'll react when I say filters too as I only use mahle's!

I'm also intrigued how much it'll reduce the bill by given how much they charge for the Porsche oil.....

It's Colchester BTW if anyone's got feedback?

Cheers

Are they offering a loaner, Gav??

Whichever OPC you visit, make sure you make enquiries about the fixed price servicing for older cars, and most particularly, what price for PCGB members (assuming you are one.)

I don't do many miles but I always use OPC Solihull annually - they've always been very good. I don't supply my own consumables though so not tested that.

I also like that I get a Boxster/Cayman/Panamera/Macan to try for the day too. I don't think there'll ever be a GT loaner though...:)

Nimrod said:
Alex at Tewkesbury loves air cooled and know his stuff, I have also used Nottingham OPC and I have been told Leicester are very good as well.
+1 for notts, very happy with their service. Also their fixed price service was about the same price as local indie, plus I get a cayenne to use.

[/quote]

Are they offering a loaner, Gav??[/quote]

Yes Rob, though it'll probably be a disiesal Macan!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back