Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cylinder lining in west midlands/staffordshire?

dan4s997

Silverstone
Does any one know anywhere decent that does cylinder lining?

Thanks

Just my two penneth but for such a major operation, I would be looking at who does it best before who is local.

Mike

+1

Your options are going to be limited to who can do that work with any reliability.

I wouldn't fit a steel liner insert as a cheap fix into an existing Ali bore (though it's something that can be done) so either get a compete wet steel liner (not recommend unless you change all 6) or have one complete wet Ali one installed.

Your local firm will be Hartech and you'll need not look elsewhere unless you can source the liner and use someone like Serdi to do the fitting/machining.

If you need pistons I do have a good set of 96mm 3.6 litre ones for sale (removed for upgrade) no scoring on them, re-ring and away you go.

:thumb:

Thanks for the advice i'll try hartech. Coventry boring has been recommended aswell. I need two pistons but mines a 3.8 not 3.6.

Hi dan 4s 997, had quiet alot of liners fitted to many types of engine including these Porsche engines. Cylinders sorced from a company called Westwood Liners in Droitwich AND MACHINED/FITTED by a company called EandD Engineering based in Bilston, W-ton,01902 402884,ask for Mick or Steve. Great guys and they do a cracking job,never had any problems whatsoever. Last 996 engine they SLEEVED for me as just covered over 21k/miles and runs like a dream. Hope this helps. :thumb:

Thanks! Bilstons not to far i will definitely look into this.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robinld56
Back