Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension who has done what and what was the end result

Trantorman

Nurburgring
Guys there have been over the years lots of suspension threads, but none that I am aware off in one place with useful information that can be used as reference for people in the future to assist in what's available in the market place.

I have a C2 project car that I am looking for adjustable height, firm but compliant, for longer journeys with the odd track event for fun, looking to replace both springs and shocks and potentially the top mounts.

I have an RS replica on full RS spec suspension great on track but harsh on long journeys.

C4 Currently with PsS9 Bilsteins and Solid to mounts and really low fun, but crashy on bumpy roads.

What I want for the C2 is RS ride height compliant ride and without the complications of PSS10 type multi adjustments, although I accept once they are right they are fantastic.

Really tempted to try the Ohlins package that comes with top mounts, works well for singer on the 964's , not many in use yet on the 993's?

So who has KW's and what Variant and which springs and top mounts?

Who has FSD's what variant and what springs and top mounts?

Supplier of choice would be usefull as well

Good idea this!

Right, I am updating the suspension over the next month or so. I've purchased the H&R Cup Kit which are a set of H&R springs tossed in with some Koni FSDs and re-package by H&R in Germany. They re-valve Koni FSDs to suit their springs thus I am able to drop the original 993 4x4 look and lower the car by 40mm. I believe that's GT2 ride height.

My, probably flawed logic, is that FSDs are known for their comfort and so I hope to have a combination which will lower the car and not knock all of my teeth out (just a few fillings).

I can't find anyone UK based who'd done this but the chaps on Rennlist have with no complaints (other than a firm ride- to be expected though as lowering a 993 and expecting comfort is not necessarily possible).

I'll keep you posted.

My C2 is running H&R springs on standard shocks.
I can't believe how well it rides. It's comfortable and not crashy at all despite how low it looks.

Attachments

• 2017_04_19_125849_189.jpg
    2017_04_19_125849_189.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 1,669

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back