Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bilstein B8 and M033

DeltaOneSeven

I've recently purchased Bilstein B8's and M033 springs from Gert with a view of getting the ride height to RS+10mm.

My garage has fitted them and the lowest the front can go is 148 - 14mm higher than planned. After speaking with Gert, he has suggested taking the locking nut off and this will give you another 8mm.

2 things are putting me off doing this - My garage are advising against it having never done it before and Bilstein have advised against it - both for safety reasons.

I've seen that a few rennlisters have done this - is anybody on here running it? What are peoples thoughts?

lowering beyond

Morning , what you need to do is visit rufs website where you can purchase special collars that drop the spring hat position down, they certainly make them for the standard struts , they may be the same thread and be suitable for the bilstein strut as well??
Rs+10mm on standard uprights and steering arms leaves the static arm positions a long way from ideal!

Christian.............

Yes you can remove the lock nut BUT only if you screw the bottom all the way down on the strut. That will take you as low as you can go with B8 and your spring of choice... No damage will be done :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back