Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you get up to over Easter?

MattyR

Just thought I'd start a thread to see what the crowd has been up to over Easter? The weather was par for the course so many of you must have taken the 993 out for a wee spin?

I popped over to Ticehurst in East Sussex for some breakfast at The Bell Inn with a fellow 911 owner. Great grub and back before the roads got too busy.

Attachments

• img_2417_120.jpg
    img_2417_120.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 6,392
  • img_2418_134.jpg
    img_2418_134.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 6,392
......... not much ....... well nothing Porsche orientated ........ but that comes this week ........ :)

p.s. ....... Oh I did get a phone call from two drunken forum members on Good Friday ....... does that count?

I made a half hearted effort to clean my engine and polished my exhaust tips............not a euphemism

Mainly massaging leather conditioner into a set of 993 seats, changing the pollen filters and cleaning up a set of newly acquired Cup 2 wheels

The Bell Inn is a great pub. Didn't know they did breakfast! :D

Service time pre the Welsh trip. The loan car has been a Cayenne V8 Diesel S. Produces as much torque as the Turbo. These big SUV type cars really aren't my bag. The footprint is enormous and you sit higher than a transit driver. Higher than any other like vehicle I've come across as well. You are conscious of the weight when roundabouting and also under braking. It has started to win me over a little. It's supremely comfortable. The chassis has 3 modes and for our increasingly broken roads it rides quite majestically. The sport chassis mode reduces body roll significantly and no doubt due to the tonka sized wheels and tyres the cornering and subsequent mechnical grip is stronger than Zingaris hand on his wallet.

Top drawer audio, nav, phone and did I mention comfortable? Fast in a straight line with that pulverising torque figure making itself felt all the time. As long as you have the sport button pressed. Which knocks out the stop start and seems to hump the economy.

It's better than I expected but this type of car is for me, just too big for UK road use. It can be quite engaging to drive albeit not as entertaining as a George Eaton vs GT4 dispute. I've averaged 32 mpg

Attachments

• img_6606_468.jpg
    img_6606_468.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 6,267
Busy:
- New PS2s on Saturday
- Bedded them in on the drive up to Silverstone
- Gauped at tasty Porkers / watched the opening round of the WEC
- Fitted new fog / side light units
- Replaced number plates (no longer Halfords)
- Polished the windscreens front and rear
- Looked at the all-over road grime and thought - nah, can't be bothered...:eek:

The result: car now ready for Jolly Boyos 2017 :thumbs:

Tidied up the engine bay

34105383455_ee3692c4e2.jpg

Removed the Varioram and stuck in a supercharger!! What's it like??

madalaa said:
......... not much ....... well nothing Porsche orientated ........ but that comes this week ........ :)

p.s. ....... Oh I did get a phone call from two drunken forum members on Good Friday ....... does that count?

Wonder who that could have been? Meanwhile, I was clearing up the garage after winter and installing my Wheel Rack...

Attachments

• 20170414_120836a_213.jpg
    20170414_120836a_213.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 6,081
LOl...if I were allowed through that door, then yes! But it leads to Narnia, so I never use it. (Garage rented, garden not mine).

highway said:
The sport chassis mode reduces body roll significantly and no doubt due to the tonka sized wheels and tyres the cornering and subsequent mechnical grip is stronger than Zingaris hand on his wallet.

:hand:

I was busy counting out 25 bags for later this week :thumb:

highway said:
Service time pre the Welsh trip. The loan car has been a Cayenne V8 Diesel S. Produces as much torque as the Turbo. These big SUV type cars really aren't my bag. The footprint is enormous and you sit higher than a transit driver. Higher than any other like vehicle I've come across as well. You are conscious of the weight when roundabouting and also under braking. It has started to win me over a little. It's supremely comfortable. The chassis has 3 modes and for our increasingly broken roads it rides quite majestically. The sport chassis mode reduces body roll significantly and no doubt due to the tonka sized wheels and tyres the cornering and subsequent mechnical grip is stronger than Zingaris hand on his wallet.

Top drawer audio, nav, phone and did I mention comfortable? Fast in a straight line with that pulverising torque figure making itself felt all the time. As long as you have the sport button pressed. Which knocks out the stop start and seems to hump the economy.

It's better than I expected but this type of car is for me, just too big for UK road use. It can be quite engaging to drive albeit not as entertaining as a George Eaton vs GT4 dispute. I've averaged 32 mpg

I had a new 100 miler as a courtesy car a few weeks ago. I could not get over the turbo lag after braking for bends...... and it seemed small compared to the FFRR :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back