Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo boost

Ronam2012

I have just had my car out for a bit of exercise!! and it's showing max boost at .9 bar. I thought I had read somewhere that max boost on a standard car was .7 bar.? Does this suggest that my car has had a remap? If so how easy is it to identify what remap was done?

How long have you had it?

It most probably signifies either a failing N75 valve or a stuck actuator.

If its been mapped you've got no chance of finding out who did it unless you ask the PO who had it done. They just don't have identifying marks. Occasionally a tuner can put a sort of binary signature in the map code but you need WinOLS (and to know how to use it) to have any chance of IDing it. Other mapping tools are available.

:thumb:

Not easy to tell without logging the car. Take it it's not a x50 or s? Been a while since mine was stock and it wasn't stock for long so I can't quite remember. Possibly 0.9 on overboost occasionally is normal. How's it driving otherwise any hesitation etc? Is the 0.9 consistently showing on wide open throttle?

I've only had the car a couple of months but as far as I can tell there is no hesitation. The car pulls strongly and sits at .9 on full acceleration. It feels good to me! :)

Talk to Ken at 9Excellence. The boost reading is not accurate. The readings can vary with changes in atmospheric pressure.

The main concern is if it has been remapped and not disclosed to the insurer who would then claim the policy as void in the event of a claim.
Ken may be able to guide you on this also - if it has been remapped by a prior owner that you are not aware of, it is nonetheless required to be disclosed by verifying that it is either standard or not standard.

Before I had mine re-mapped maximum boost was 0.7 with occasional spike of 0.8. After the re-map it will now boost to 1.0 with occasional spike of 1.1. Spikes, I understand, are subject to atmospheric conditions.
OP - if your boost is normally 0.9 it may well have been re-mapped!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back