Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 5
997 : 2004- 72
996 : 1997-2005 42
993 : 1993-1998 11
964 : 1989-1993 0
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 16
Cayenne : 2003- 11
Macan : 2014- 1
Panamera : 2009- 0
912-914-924-928-944-968 6
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
VPD255M
Newbie


Joined: 01 Aug 2014
Posts: 33
Location: Gloucestershire


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: 997 alarm Reply with quote

Having trouble with my alarm (997.1 GT3) intermittently going off for no apparent reason. When parked in the garage it never goes off but when parked out and about it goes off most times I use it.
It's been into the OPC a few times and they confirm from the events log that it's the cabin microwave sensor that is being triggered which makes sense because if I disarm the cabin sensor by double pressing the key fob it doesn't occur.
OPC has replaced the cabin sensor module in the centre console but unfortunately that's not fixed it and I'm told everything else checks out as it should, Reading are telling them it must be 'outside influences'...
Any help or advice very welcome!
_________________
997.1 GT3 CS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
s70rjw
Monza


Joined: 26 Nov 2014
Posts: 182
Location: York


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 997 alarm Reply with quote

VPD255M wrote:
Having trouble with my alarm (997.1 GT3) intermittently going off for no apparent reason. When parked in the garage it never goes off but when parked out and about it goes off most times I use it.
It's been into the OPC a few times and they confirm from the events log that it's the cabin microwave sensor that is being triggered which makes sense because if I disarm the cabin sensor by double pressing the key fob it doesn't occur.
OPC has replaced the cabin sensor module in the centre console but unfortunately that's not fixed it and I'm told everything else checks out as it should, Reading are telling them it must be 'outside influences'...
Any help or advice very welcome!


When parked in the garage, is it on trickle charger?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
VPD255M
Newbie


Joined: 01 Aug 2014
Posts: 33
Location: Gloucestershire


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 997 alarm Reply with quote

s70rjw wrote:
VPD255M wrote:
Having trouble with my alarm (997.1 GT3) intermittently going off for no apparent reason. When parked in the garage it never goes off but when parked out and about it goes off most times I use it.
It's been into the OPC a few times and they confirm from the events log that it's the cabin microwave sensor that is being triggered which makes sense because if I disarm the cabin sensor by double pressing the key fob it doesn't occur.
OPC has replaced the cabin sensor module in the centre console but unfortunately that's not fixed it and I'm told everything else checks out as it should, Reading are telling them it must be 'outside influences'...
Any help or advice very welcome!


When parked in the garage, is it on trickle charger?


Yes it is on a trickle charger when at home, but I don't think it's the battery as it generally goes off within a 10 to 30 minutes of parking up...
_________________
997.1 GT3 CS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Demort
Paul Ricard


Joined: 21 Mar 2015
Posts: 3107
Location: Sussex


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coins in the center consol or ash tray will set the interior sensor off or anything metalic but i would expect the dealer would have checked for that.

Anything like an air freshner or something moving will also set it off.
_________________
Mechanic

7pm - 9pm
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
s70rjw
Monza


Joined: 26 Nov 2014
Posts: 182
Location: York


PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 997 alarm Reply with quote

VPD255M wrote:
s70rjw wrote:
VPD255M wrote:
Having trouble with my alarm (997.1 GT3) intermittently going off for no apparent reason. When parked in the garage it never goes off but when parked out and about it goes off most times I use it.
It's been into the OPC a few times and they confirm from the events log that it's the cabin microwave sensor that is being triggered which makes sense because if I disarm the cabin sensor by double pressing the key fob it doesn't occur.
OPC has replaced the cabin sensor module in the centre console but unfortunately that's not fixed it and I'm told everything else checks out as it should, Reading are telling them it must be 'outside influences'...
Any help or advice very welcome!


When parked in the garage, is it on trickle charger?


Yes it is on a trickle charger when at home, but I don't think it's the battery as it generally goes off within a 10 to 30 minutes of parking up...


Although the car I had a similar issue on was from another marque, it exhibited similar symptoms, caused by a single weak​ battery cell, which a replacement battery solved. Best of luck in getting it fixed .
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
VPD255M
Newbie


Joined: 01 Aug 2014
Posts: 33
Location: Gloucestershire


PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies; the problem started when the battery was only 18 months old, but I will get it checked out (it's a moll so always been a bit wary of it).

The Technician has mentioned about the issue of coins and metal objects in the storage compartment - I'll try keeping the compartment completely empty, there often has been a few bits and pieces in there, though they're in there both when it's parked in the garage (when the alarm never goes off) as well as when parked in other places when it does.

Any further input is much appreciated...
_________________
997.1 GT3 CS
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum