Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake disc options for 993 turbo

tb993tt

I've been out of the 993 game for while and could do with some opinions please.

I have been looking for replacement rear discs, there are a few manufacturers now, all look to be tier one companies which makes the choice difficult.

Check out the pricing in the link below, the Brembo offerings are listed at £53 each , that seems wrong surely Brembo should be one of the best, why so cheap ?!

What is script with Jurid, they are the most expensive and a lot more expensive, are they better in some way ? for reference genuine Porsche discs are £143 each.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/99335204500

Brembo discs are suspiciously cheap, but I have no grounds to believe them to be below par for quality.

Sebro is a very popular maker for these cars. I have them on my 4S (same brakes as turbo) and they're of excellent quality barely distinguishable from the Porsche items.

Girodisc and Coleman rotors are popular on the other side of the Pond with those who use their cars on track. The Girodisc front rotors are also available with aluminium hats to reduce unsprung and rotating mass if these issues are of interest.

I have girodiscs up front on another car, quality bit of kit.

It was either a cheap steel heavy disc or these...they are 2 peice and lighter which was why i went for them.....they were nearly £1k though discs only.

Design 911 sell them at £400 each.

Saying that, i dont know if they do rear ones?.....they must do.

My mistake. I missed that tb993tt was looking for rear rotors.

I have new Brembo discs all round on my C2 and they were £50.00 a corner, I've had them on sine October last year and no complaints.

ATB :)

Thanks for the replies gents...

£50 a corner for a C2 and the same for the turbo, seems a bit odd maybe there is a typo, I think I'll place an order and see what happens.

Re the Giro discs, appreciate the comments, that is where I am heading for the fronts.

At an outing to Bruntingthorpe, 10 or so emergency stops from 200mph destroyed a virtually new (300 road miles) set of genuine rotors and wore the front pads down 75% !

I'm waiting to hear from Endless as I'd like to use some of their sooper dooper pads with these new rotors and hopefully have better luck :D

Wow! I would have thought repeated stops from that speed in a near 1600kg machine will chew through any rotor and pad combination?

Good on you for doing it though!

Many thanks for all the help, a couple of grand worth of toys finally arrived, being fitted Monday

How did that lot get to £2k ??!!

A bit confused re the discs - thought they were all supposed to be vented?

tim993 said:
How did that lot get to £2k ??!!

A bit confused re the discs - thought they were all supposed to be vented?

Ever looked at Endless prices? :floor:
(To the OP: Endless they certainly are not - they last about as long as RS29s but cost more than double)

The Girodiscs are vented; vented doesn't mean drilled...

Oops - I was thinking drilled!

NXI20 said:
(To the OP: Endless they certainly are not - they last about as long as RS29s but cost more than double)

My experience with using Endless on my 997GT2 PCCBs is very positive, no squealing at all and excellent feel and stopping power (have given that one full brakes from 209mph many times !) and they seem to last a long time in fact the last set I had W008s were in for about 20K miles and I changed them when I put on refurbed PCCBs and they were not even half worn.

The PCCB Endless pad prices are comedy but the price of the MX72s (for the 993) was about £250+VAT so about the same as your pagids I think ?

tb993tt said:
NXI20 said:

My experience with using Endless on my 997GT2 PCCBs is very positive, no squealing at all and excellent feel and stopping power (have given that one full brakes from 209mph many times !) and they seem to last a long time in fact the last set I had W008s were in for about 20K miles and I changed them when I put on refurbed PCCBs and they were not even half worn.

The PCCB Endless pad prices are comedy but the price of the MX72s (for the 993) was about £250+VAT so about the same as your pagids I think ?

I had MX72s front & rear on the GT3 a few years back & got about 8 days out of the fronts. They were about £1300 for the full set ISTR. Really not worth the extra £££ imo

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back