Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Two Years Ownership - 1000'th post

askgeez

Easter Saturday two years ago , my son and I set out by train(s) for the journey north to Yorkshire to pick up our first 911.
Still remember our excitement.

Thanks almost entirely to the kind and friendly members on this forum , it's been so much more than just owning the car. I try and attend any meets that I can get to & from in reasonable time/distance, maybe why I have covered about 16k miles. :grin:

Supercar Siege @ Leeds castle, Goodwood, Dinslaken, Rodean cafਠx 3, Beaulieu x 2, Classics at the castle. A lot of Terry's Kent breakfasts!... 3 track days, plus a load of PCGB meets at Ace cafਠand Smithfield.

Cost wise:
1 set of tyres (MPSS obviously!)
1 major service at 9e
(+ gearbox and diff oil)
Low temp thermostat
1 oil change this month
Light refresh + better geo at CenterGravity
Front end respray
Plus any other bits mentioned in my footer :puh:

Repair wise:
6 coils and plugs
AOS (no more smoke)
Tandem pump
Oil filler tube
Genuine porsche windscreen (Insurance)

Value wise, I paid £30k, it is very high spec, which is why I snapped it up without even seeing it , let alone drive or inspect it...
:wack:

I would have to still pay 'late' £20s to replace it :?:
So all in all, I'm still happy :thumbs:

Roll on Dinslaken- TWO weeks today we will be boarding the eurotunnel

Good going Guy, we have about the same number of posts put it has taken me 6 years :bandit:

Also a lovely car you have which has proven to be very reliable. See you soon :thumb:

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Happy Anniversary Geez :thumbs: and :congrats: on making it to 1000.

It's been great travelling and meeting with you - and becoming an adopted Uncle to your fantastic twins. :D

Can't wait for 'Dinslaken 2017'.

You're actually 2 years and 11 days :wink:

Guy, you can add Cars and Coffee at Precision Porsche to your list. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back