Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Real Time Traffic

Rayo2703

Does anyone know how much data the realtime traffic uses? I only have a total of 3 GB on my iphone and don't want to use it all up on the traffic app.

If its anything like the Waze navigation app on my phone which has real time traffic / police / accident / roadwork / speed camera updates then it shouldnt use much data at all. Ive just checked and on my phone Waze uses less than 100mb data a month and thats with me using it for 3 hours or more every single day.

Hardly any, less than 1gb a month.

I'd just go and buy a PAYG data sim if I were you - pop it in the dash and forget. Three do one with 12gb that lasts for 12 months and costs just £30.

Agree its hardly any.

I fit a 12 month 3G data only SIM card which you can get from eBay for <£25 into my cars. Easily lasts the 12 months.

Not sure about the newer porsches but on my RR it also connects to the house WiFi if parked in range and updates software and traffic before you even get in.

yes, echo the above... used it loads and haven't ran out of data from the data sim card i installed.... plus my system has updated itself, probably via the wifi connection.

Yep, as above. I've never cracked a gig and have google maps enabled so it's pulling down images all the time. I started with a 2gb monthly sim but switching to a 12gb annual asap.

@6appeal do you hook up to home wifi when in range? Not seen that option.

Warburton62 said:
Yep, as above. I've never cracked a gig and have google maps enabled so it's pulling down images all the time. I started with a 2gb monthly sim but switching to a 12gb annual asap.

@6appeal do you hook up to home wifi when in range? Not seen that option.

it does it automatically... can't remember the detail as to how it was set up, but it was something like a simple search for wifi network when in range when i bought it and got it home and... and its saved the settings/password ever since.

Ah, got it thanks. Just needed to pop out data sim and search for one of our SSIDs.

6appeal said:
it does it automatically... can't remember the detail as to how it was set up, but it was something like a simple search for wifi network when in range when i bought it and got it home and... and its saved the settings/password ever since.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back