Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bank holiday jobs

G2

It's a 4 day bank holiday weekend, outside of the very early quiet hours to actually take the car out and drive it before the caravans snarl everything up....what car work/tinkering is planned by the collective for the weekend then?

I plan on causing a minor argument and heading off to the shed to complete:-

1. Centre console
2. Sort new tyers
3. Check all the levels
4. find the faint rattle that has been driving me mad on long runs.
5. Much polishing (the car obviously....it's a bit weird to go to the shed polishing yourself)
Wifi coverage stretches to the shed so will fill the rest of the time looking at others projects and start online ordering things to fill the next bank holiday....

Mr grumpy will be in this shed if anyone pops round to be sociable----

Attachments

• img_1467_273.jpg
    img_1467_273.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 5,539
Mines in having a service and I've just bought myself an enduro bike today :grin:

The g/f is going away celebrating her friends big birthday so you can guess what I'll be up to :)

Im hoping to remove all the plastics underneath clean them and replace, Ive a two post lift booked for a few hours .

Now I have my car back :D I was planning to fit my new wheels and tyres... but the wheels have not turned up yet :evil: despite being assured that they would when I ordered them!!

Still, it's been a while since I have been able to give the car a good detail so will be spending a lot of time polishing and waxing!

Will also be fitting my Rennline engine mounts, adjusting the play out of the short shift and generally faffing around as the girlfriend is away :D

Wonder if she will notice the new wheels when she gets back :?: best keep schtum!! :grin:

no jobs planned here but you win the award for the tidiest garage ever! :thumb:

G2 can I move into your garage its so tidy :grin: :grin: :thumb:

yes to be honest it makes my front room look like a dump!

Alfaian - had to look up what that was...very cool...remember at the end of the game it's the one with the best toys that wins :thumb:

Steve - hiring the lift is a great idea. polishing is a radio 4 job, but spice it up with some disco on the iPod for the bank holiday.

Seeforez - to be fair its an old photo and shows how we fill time whilst waiting for new cars to arrive..., it is now a lot less tidy as it apppears that every time you close a garage door the rubbish pixies put another rusting washing machine or random bike wheel or broken lawn mower in.

Ducatirob - it is a well known fact that doing the dishes before partners get back will hide anything you did whilst they were away....well almost anything.

Phil997. Of course you can matey. Only outstanding colours like yellow and green allowed, however the signs are the entry requirement and the Generic Porsche slot is flilled, so just a 917 required. In green of course!

Its not really hiring the lift I work on a Forces camp with a car club £25 for the year and you gets to use the either a 4 post or the 2 post if someone else hasn't already booked em . Hardly any members so usually easy to book .
I don't think i could handle radio 4 I'm afraid ,maybe a bit of disco lol

OCD Yes I know lol , its more to check for any rust that needs sorting .
Anyway I'm happy to say no rust heres a few pics. I had to change lifts before id finished which was a pain . I could do with new plastics to be honest everyone has some sort damage and cracks ,i definitely need another left hand middle its pretty bad. I didn't go OTT on the cleaning .

Gona drink some beer now :thumb:

Attachments

• img_0877_373.jpg
    img_0877_373.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 5,236
  • img_0870_167.jpg
    img_0870_167.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 5,236
  • img_0835_107.jpg
    img_0835_107.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 5,236
Looks good. Glad no signs of rust.

I found the rattle in mine, autodiming mirror switch, stopped when I turned it off and on a few times. Neighbour lent a tuning fork to create the rattle...think i tested everything including a few of my teeth and a bottle of leffe. Might have to limit jobs to nowt serious tomorrow as on the leffe slippery slope now...

Leffe omg I'm on Kingoblin which is a bit lethal aswell

Well done on the find G2 its always a good to get little niggles sorted :thumb:

Ive a long list of stuff I want to do, but unfortunately "her indoors" has other ideas. :(

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back