Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

More proof of the benefits of having an official warranty.

T8

Super Moderator
The benefits of me having an official Porsche Warranty on my 911 have been well documented previously and will lead to me never owning one without such cover in future.

So

When 'wifey' and I purchased a 2011 40k mile 5-litre V8 XF Jaguar last year we did so from a Jaguar main dealer in order to get their 2 year Jaguar backed cover.

We've only done 4k miles in 16 months and the car is now at 44,276 miles.

Last week whilst toodling along in traffic at 40 mph the car started misfiring and went into limp mode with a 'restricted performance' amber warning light. I pulled over and checked the driver's manual which confirmed that the car could still be driven but needed checking out asap.

4 miles later I parked it up at home. Jaguar Assistance arranged for the AA to come and do a diagnostic check which showed up a long list of fault codes! When the car was started it rattled like a goodun, smoke poured out of both tailpipes and it stank of petrol. The AA guy killed the ignition pronto and I rang Jaguar to arrange recovery and a courtesy car.

I got a phone call yesterday to say that they were going to replace one/some fuel injectors, change the plugs and do a precautionary oil and filter change.

This morning I got another call to say that they'd attempted repair but that the faults had actually damaged the engine beyond their scope of repair. Before I had time to 'gulp' they advised me that they hadn't rung me before as they had been waiting for the claims assessor to attend.

Conclusion = a new (£14k) engine will be supplied and fitted over the next 5-10 days. In the meantime I get to keep the 66 Reg AWD 2.0Diesel XF they delivered to my house at the same time ours was collected.

I hate to think how I'd be feeling if the car was out of warranty but I bet the words parrot and sick would be amongst those being used.

Flippin Ek :eek:
Warranty worth it's weight in gold on this occoasion :thumb:

I'm in two minds whether buying a car off T8 would be a good thing or bad thing :?:

On the one hand, he seems to go through major mechanical parts more often than he has hot socks or changes his dinners.

Whilst on the other, much like Trigger's broom, you'd get a nearly new car in many respects

:dont know:

The man is clearly death to anything mechanical.

Never claimed on any warranty on any product in my life!

:D

Dermot, Pete shoots fast and loose with life.
You can tell by the way he walks :thumb:

Ive chatted with Terry here and via Pm about his warrenty claims , i cant belive one person could have so many problems , ive certainly never seen it in 13 years on Porsche and the warrenty cost of this .. im amazed Porsche will even let him have a warrenty these days lol .

So now he starts again on Jags :D

The man is jinxed.

Out of curiosity - how much does a warranty on Jags cost?

Demort said:
Dont ever .. EVER buy a car out of warrenty !!

Disagree... I am on my third Porsche and approaching the end of my 2nd year in my 997 Turbo and and honestly say a warranty on any of those cars would have been a complete waste of money.

But hey whatever makes you sleep better at night I guess.

yes agree - a warranty takes all the fun out of fixing these cars :D

GT4 said:
I'm in two minds whether buying a car off T8 would be a good thing or bad thing :?:

:hand: I think it's a 'safer' bet than buying a 911 off Les :what:

Or George ...

On my third 911 without warranty, but only ask me if that was a good idea if I get to my fourth.

RedJedi said:
Out of curiosity - how much does a warranty on Jags cost?

Ours came with 2 years included as a 'Jaguar approved' car. I believe it costs about £950 a year to renew.

T8 = Jonah

If my car had a Porsche warranty it wouldn't look like it does today.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back