Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 996 C2

JM30

Hi All, fairly new to the Porsche world but had my 996.1 C2 for 8 months now, really enjoying it and Porsche ownership is very addictive, i will share a few specs of my example below, its pretty stock but some nice options and i have just upgraded the seats to a set of carbon back GT3 buckets covered in Alcantara from design911,

-Late 2001 3.4 C2 Manual, non sunroof coupe with the GT3 Areo Kit
-Full Heated+electric black leather Sports wing-back seats (just changed for GT3 style buckets)
-Alcantara headlining
-Porsche Switchable Exhaust (PSE)
- Original GT3 Sport Design Alloys (as new, recently refurbished)
- Litronic lights
- PSM
- Sound Upgrade
- Aluminium Pack
- Suede headliner
- Air-conditioning
- 78,000 miles
- Full Service History file
-997 GT3 short shift kit

Its had a full Koni sport with adjustable dampers and 40mm springs fitted 1500miles ago and 4 wheel alignment handles superbly looks great for it too, has spacers fitted front and rear.

It had been fully serviced and looked after by northway last year and i have just got it back from PARR a week ago for its annual service and full check over had the water pump done and some other common issues sorted along with new rads and condensers etc all it needs now is its yearly MOT

:thumb:

All in all very happy love the sound handling and looking forward to the nice weather after having it sorted for the coming months driving.

Any recommendations on upgrades? slowly going through it all to make it even nicer than it already is.

Pics to follow
:wink:

Sounds like a great car! Enjoy.

Maybe get a proper geo done by Centre Gravity, to get the best out of the suspension set up and Konis rather than just going with factory settings.

Other than that, don't upgrade, just drive it!

Sounds like a nice car, good spec too 8)

Look forward to seeing some pics :thumb:

Thanks guys :thumbs:

I want to keep it as OEM as possible just a few tweaks as already done and just keep plumbing money into service and maintaining it to as best mechanical condition as possible.

popping it down to Goss Hall in Ash to get a few niggles done and one of my PSE silencers showing minor cracking on one seam so want to nip that in the bud now!

T8- would love too, i will check the dates and pop along :thumb:

Ok few pics i need to give it a full machine polish in a few weeks and any minor paint defects sorted when i can all be it not many and get more updated pictures try keep this thread udated and log things as i go as its nice for me to look back on for future.

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

Updated with new picture host! :thumb:

That looks like a lovely 996.1 :worship:

Lovely, nice seats!

How comfy are the seats? Looks good!

Lovely looking car and some very nice upgrades! I am nearly 2 weeks into my aerokitted 996.1 C4 and very happy.

:thumb:

Cheers again for the good comments guys :)

Jay, i have yet to take it out after fitting them! i had no time but from just sitting in them its a very nice feeling i can't wait to test them i will let you know how i get on with them :thumb:

Those seats look fantastic and so does the car :thumb:
I think I've seen it on one of the BMW forums too
Do you also have a m3/m4 too? If so how do you think the 996 compares?

Hi 996lee, yes i'm a member of M3cutters :)

Iv had lots of Bmw M stuff 2x e9x V8's, 1M, Z4MC, not the M4 though, the 996 feels more like one of the Lotus exiges i have had in the past its the small cabin, low and so direct also helped by the Koni Sports and 4 wheel alignment but it just give me a special feeling ha! i would like to get another M car but i think i will always keep this too now owning one its hard to think what else would feel as good without spending silly money out of my reach.

Sorry not much of an in depth comparison but one word would be it feels more of an occasion 'Special'!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back