Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Does your clutch pedal occasionally stick slightly?

993S_Ocean

For those that drive your cars... do you ever find the clutch pedal doesn't always fully come back to the position it should? Have you found out why and managed to cure it? [/list]

Mine does this intermittently, however not so much as to bother me. I've actually got into a habit of flexing my ankle at the top of its release which brings it to its full resting/extended position.

C.

not heard of this but just to rule another thing out - is the action still smooth? Notchy pedal action is also associated with a worn clutch actuator cylinder and or a worn out clutch...

Kinematic lever issue or pivot corrosion

Mine does it intermittently and last time we were out Rob was complaining that his does too.

I had this problem when I bought the car in 2011, Northway changed the slave cylinder and it was fine for a few years, then started again.

After a bit of digging found this:

http://p-car.com/diy/pedal/clutchlever.html

Had the new kinematic lever fitted and all is now fine - time will tell if it stays that way :)

HTH
Martin

I replaced the kinematic lever for exactly this reason. My car is probably not untypical of a 993 in that the dust boot on the clutch master cylinder had failed possibly some years before and the whole area was quite dirty from footwell dust.

I took the whole assembly out, dismantled and greased it where appropriate, and fitted a new clutch master cylinder.

Everything has worked beautifully for the three years and 15,000 miles since then.

Mine stuck down fully, not nice. Most recent kinematic lever, new master, MPL slave and new flexy fitted by self. The master was the worst part as access is dificult getting the hard line reconnected. Changeing the slave was made easier by lowering the engine/gearox slightly and using some thinwall brass tubing to align it. Some excellent posts on tint if you fancy diy. Sometimes just a bleed will cure it.

Yeah, mine done this when I got it. Northway suggested new slave and flexi = all good now.

Dropped my car in for its annual service today and mentioned this issue. Steve said they have a redesigned part with a new shaped lever that stops exactly this issue, so getting that fitted.

I suffered this since first buying the car in 2009 and had various indies take a look. They all had an idea on what caused the problem and over time I had both the master and then the slave cylinders replaced on their recommendation. Very little improvement. I then tried an MPL cylinder and it was the same. I had the new style lever fitted and it was better but not perfect.
Then, the 993 genius that is @colt on here suggested he had finally found the cause of the issue. He rebuilt the pedal box and replaced a couple of pieces that he identified had barely perceptible wear. It's been over a year since I had this done and I've not had the pedal refuse to come all the way home again. It also stopped the bloody squeak every time I de-clutched which was beginning to drive me mad. It's the little things like this that can really detract from the driving experience, especially when sat in traffic.

hth

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back