Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

mexico blue 993 article

johne

Spa-Francorchamps
There is a good article in 911 and Porsche world in the April edition .about a gent who totally rebuilt a 993 and kept everything bog standard as he already has a 993 RS very interesting and a lovely car

I enjoyed that article- dread to think how much it must have all cost, hopefully less than a new 993...

Was less impressed with the article in the same mag of the 964 RS vs 993 RS- the 993 seemed a bit out of sorts which made the test skewed.

Many years ago I had a 964 RS that I must admit ran on conti,s which were crap but generally I fee my 993 seems more planted at the back .probably through the advance on the system of the 993 .I may be talking rubbish and I have new mitchelin sports on this car I know I'll probably get slated but that's my own opinion

Yes the Mexico Blue build was great, shame his engine went bang...which I'm sure added a few £££ to the build but suspect he's good for it.

Liked his approach for the most part, a couple of mods I personally wouldn't have gone for.

Colour change is always interesting and unless going back to shell I wouldn't consider.

The 993RS v 964RS article was indeed a (very) skewed opinion and certainly not a level playing field, all I'm saying.

Trev

Make you right trev ,I know what car I would have if I had the choice

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spilly67
Back