Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Convertible hook motor problem

peter roberts

Hi. I have had a problem with the roof actuation since changing the roof. Roof would go down but clam shell cover would not close.
It has been traced to a broken plastic guide pin under the motor assembly.
when you take the motor assembly off its cover in the centre of the cover is a boss in the casting. This has a tapped hole in it and a little plastic pin next to it that guides the hook. My pin has snapped off.
I am told this is a common problem so am inquiring of Porsche is this part is available as a spare. I cannot believe that a pin costing pennies is not available leaving the only option of chaging the complete assembly.
Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you resolve it. If i knew the length of the pin it would be an easy job to drill out the stump and fit a bit of plastic bar in it.

Have you got a picture of the part you require?

I can't picture in my mind what part you are talking about. I recently managed to get just the cable drive second hand from somewhere so it is possible to get bits.

Also have you checked out the parts diagrams?

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=83457

When I could not find a bracket that had bent on my clamshell Porsche Colchester where very helpful in tracking down a part.

If not I would call around the second hand Porsche parts places and see if any of them have what you need.

hook motor problem

I have tried Porsche and it is not listed. I cannot load up photos as it never seems to work. If you e mail me on [email protected] i can reply with photos

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back