Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Front suspension - do I need to replace these?

llangford

Hi All,

Looking at my front suspension today & I noticed the passenger side one of these is perishing while the drivers side is ok. Should I be worried and/or should I replace them? (and what are they called?)

car is a 996.2 2002 with 29k.

[/img]

The car was serviced by Porsche East London 4 weeks ago and they didnt say anything about it....

They are called bump stops and I've seen a lot worse. You can carrying on driving will no ill effects if you so wish.

OPC told me top mounts need replacing as they are separating, what exactly do you get when you buy top mounts, is it the whole shebang or just the supporting mount plate?

Bumps stops and no you dont need to change them , wait untill you need other shock abs work .

Top mount and its the plate with the bush in it although most places would replace the bearing as well at the same time along with anything else that was needed , OPC should really give you a break down of the parts they are quoteing for .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back