Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Name that fluid

Dammit

Paul Ricard
I'm hoping that this is screenwash, but fearing that it is coolant:

33088716924_70bfe57c3c_h.jpg

33774752522_0ff440801a_h.jpg

screen wash tank top right under the scuttle if you were to over fill or it had split so its not that, I am afraid it looks like coolant :sad:

Common enough prob. rotten /damaged rad. - they are quite exposed.

I put five litres of screenwash in the other day, didn't overflow at that point.

Hoping there is a breather/overflow or something for that as both rads are new and it would have been nice to have had more than four months out of them.

Coolant.

alex yates said:

Yep - looks that way to me also. Might not be the rads but the hoses that are leaking I'm afraid. They're known for being corrosion prone.

Well, that's the car being recovered to Precision then.

I usually take these things with a degree of equanimity but this is something of a kick in the balls given that I've had the entire system looked at, rads replaced etc, around four months ago.

Is this sort of failure expected in these conditions?

Dammit said:
Is this sort of failure expected in these conditions?

What conditions?

May help if you state age and variant of car. Also age of parts - are they the original rads?

Could easily have been a stone piercing the raduator seeing as you don't have any mesh/grills in place. Something that can happen instantly whilst in motion.

Like I said - could've been puntured with a stone, but I'm guessing it's more likely to be a hose (or clamp) failure.

Thanks for the advice all, I'll call the AA and get the car recovered.

Hopefully it won't cook in the time it takes to get it on the low-loader.

Have you checked the coolant level?

MC

No, the degree of certainty/unanimous nature of the responses means I have not done so. How would this be achieved - spinning the cap off the tank and peering into it?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back