Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Possible Viewing Sunday- 997.2 C4S- Advice Req.

keendean

Monza
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703203478177?

No PSE- But, I can do the Gundo Hack, and it's as good?

Does it have sport seats?
It does have Bose, Chrono, heated seats, from what I can see. The miles are high-ish, the alloys are not the original Gen 2 alloys? The colour won't be to everyone's taste. Three previous owners, recent clutch.

Any comments and pointers appreciated. The price is Ok. What's it worth? :)

keendean said:

It does have Bose, Chrono, heated seats, from what I can see. The miles are high-ish, the alloys are not the original Gen 2 alloys? The colour won't be to everyone's taste. Three previous owners, recent clutch.

What are you after ? If you think the miles are high, budget closer to £50 k for a low miles 3.6 like this:

https://tinyurl.com/lwl39j6

If you want an honest opinion then I think that is a bad colour combo and the miles are too high at that money.
Spend 50 and get a good colour with lower miles would be my advice.

s70rjw said:
keendean said:

What are you after ? If you think the miles are high, budget closer to £50 k for a low miles 3.6 like this:
https://tinyurl.com/lwl39j6

Thats the nicer car of the 2 , limited edition something or other .

gundo is no PSE imho , wheels i think are standard basic wheels .. i like the colour combo though .. but im just a mechanic so what do i know :D

i dont mind the colour to be fair and as a manual 4s there isn't a great deal of choice at that price and that mileage wouldnt bother me either- so worth a look

After a C4S manual Gen 2, limited stock.

I'm not keen on the alloys or colour 100%, I like the black interior.

Are those sports seats?

How do find the definitive spec? It's worth 40k all day long. I'd lower it, spacers, new alloys and fit a bypass.

keendean said:
After a C4S manual Gen 2, limited stock.

I'm not keen on the alloys or colour 100%, I like the black interior.

Are those sports seats?

How do find the definitive spec? It's worth 40k all day long. I'd lower it, spacers, new alloys and fit a bypass.

I am with you prefer the C4S. That 997.2 C2 is too much IMO, chatting to a guy today who just picked up a 991.1 C2 with ceramics, pse, manual,chrono etc for the same money from an OPC so 2 yrs+ warranty.
Yes they look like sports seats. I don't mind the colour and a nice set of wheels will transform it. As will spacers and an aftermarket switchable exhaust with the button retro fitted will make that a very nice car.

If it has had the biggie service and the history is there with those miles you will be inclined to drive the pants off it rather than worry about keeping it low.(Edit) forgot to add that you will be smiling more and feel all the better for it ;)

Walk past it.

Listen to the advice you're being given.

You'll soon have it racking up into the 70k Mls.
Look for a better colour combo. PDK. PSE. Original condition not gen1 wheels. OPC service history. OPC 2yr breakdown and warranty. Lower miles.

Don't buy something and then start spending thousands of pounds putting it back to spec.

They're definitely sports seats, in fact the spec of the car is well detailed in the "This car comes with" part of the ad, very comprehensive it is too, can't see that it's wanting for anything important other than PSE would have been icing on the cake. A rear silencer bypass is a simple first thing to do on a Gen2, not expensive, reversible and saves a bit of weight too.

Colour, wheels, etc are all subjective. I happen to like both, had those wheels on my 997.1 (easy to clean), they're one of wheel designs that could be spec'd on a 997.2. My 997.2 has Carrera Sports, a 997.1 wheel too. IMO it's a fair price if the provenance checks out, I think a car like that in an OPC showroom would be a lot more expensive.

MJA911 said:
They're definitely sports seats, in fact the spec of the car is well detailed in the "This car comes with" part of the ad, very comprehensive it is too, can't see that it's wanting for anything important other than PSE would have been icing on the cake. A rear silencer bypass is a simple first thing to do on a Gen2, not expensive, reversible and saves a bit of weight too.

Colour, wheels, etc are all subjective. I happen to like both, had those wheels on my 997.1 (easy to clean), they're one of wheel designs that could be spec'd on a 997.2. My 997.2 has Carrera Sports, a 997.1 wheel too. IMO it's a fair price if the provenance checks out, I think a car like that in an OPC showroom would be a lot more expensive.

How much is th bypass? Would this be a H&S item? :)

MJA911 said:

It looks like a standard rather than a multi-function wheel that is described, but perhaps I've missed something?

keendean said:
MJA911 said:

How much is th bypass? Would this be a H&S item? :)

4-500 quidish

The H&S bypass is £432 inc VAT and needs fitting, H&S themselves did mine, around £600 all in as I recall.

MarkC4S said:
MJA911 said:

It looks like a standard rather than a multi-function wheel that is described, but perhaps I've missed something?

My references to wheel and wheels are the road wheels rather than the steering wheel, but yes, that looks like the most basic steering wheel you can get on that C4S.
:drive:

Yes of course road wheels, I was really just picking up on the comment that it was well described... It was, but at least one careless mistake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back