Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

F1 GP China. Discussion thread.

T8

Super Moderator
On behalf of those that don't have access to live coverage and are looking forward to watching the qualifying and race on C4 please use this thread to discuss things.

I'm off to watch Q2 now.

What a brilliant race we've got to look forward to - especially if (as predicted) it rains. A bit of a leveller up front and Verstappen coming through from the back

If it's dry it looks like we're in for a 4 car race again. I can't believe that Red Bull are so off the pace.

75 poles out of 150 race starts.

Love him or loathe him you can't deny that Lewis has quality.

I found it amazing to hear that '6 on the trot' has only ever been done once before and that was by Senna.

Really looking forward to the race tomorrow, the standing starts in the wet should really make things interesting too.

I think Lewis is only 2 poles away from Senna's record and 5 away from Schumachers? They way he is going he will have all time record at the end of this year.

Max's first lap = :worship:

Overall it wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped. I'm certainly pleased that I recorded the second half and was able to FFwd loads of it.

Stuck in a hotel this morning waiting for a flight tonight so I watched the snooze fest that is F1. Dull as dish water.
But Christ, the other drivers hate LH don't they? The body language towards him from SV and MV before they went to the podium.... He does come across as a proper bell end but you can't deny his ability.

I loved last season , but this one ... its just not doing it for me , rather boring to watch , i guess its the new regs but not much seat of the pants action im afraid .

Ill give it a few more races but im looseing interest in watching F1 atm and ive followed it for many years :(

Yep Demort a slow start to the season surely it must get better I hope :thumb:

Norfolk & Idea said:
But Christ, the other drivers hate LH don't they? The body language towards him from SV and MV before they went to the podium.... He does come across as a proper bell end but you can't deny his ability.

I don't share that opinion, during the free practice washouts on Friday Lewis was the only one going trying to entertain the crowds whilst all the other drivers (and everyone else) just sat in their garages.
Did you see how many Chinese people where holding the British flag during the race? They sure weren't for Jolyon Palmer.... :)

As for the other drivers they are hardy going to like person kicking their butts for the last 3 years. Let not forget how arrogant Schumacher and Vettel were when they were on top.

Demort said:
They are all arrogant and self beliveing .. but they have to be , self belief is what got them to where they are .. i dont have a problem with that :)

True story :)

The rain at the start helped put a bit of interst into the mix, but even with that so far very poor as a spectacle. A couple more races like that and I won't be bothering.

Mad Max is our only hope of entertainment.

And don't get me started on Lance Stroll.

PeterS said:
The rain at the start helped put a bit of interst into the mix, but even with that so far very poor as a spectacle. A couple more races like that and I won't be bothering.

Mad Max is our only hope of entertainment.

And don't get me started on Lance Stroll.

Totally agree our Pete :thumb:

Interesting thoughts.

Tbh I see it in the opposite. First race was rather tentative but yesterday had some real promise. Yes the conditions at the start helped to provide some drama but:
Top 6 all within a decent spit of each other - how many times in the last 6-7 years have we seen a race leader 30 seconds plus down the road?
Some decent non DRS overtakes where they're now able to lean on the tyres and the braking dives are that much easier
Good 6-7 laps of tactical defensive driving between evenly matched cars following within 1s of each other - hardly ever happened last year
Tyres were changed instead of being nursed despite evidence of testing saying they could go to the end
Drivers making mistakes because the physical attributes of the car demand higher levels of concentration
A proper fight for constructors title looks to be on

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back