Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Detailing - glaze vs polish

skinny_monkey

Hello clean collective

I'm about to start getting involved in some minor shiny action on my car - getting my head around the different products out there.

But one question - as I understand a glaze is like a polish but with no cutting agents. So is it more useful than polish to get a really nice deep shine before wax? And I should only use polish for getting rid of swirl marks or scratches - rather than something to apply on a regular basis? Or should they both be used together.

For glazes and wax I'm thinking of poor boys black hole plus natty blue paste wax or auto finesse ultra glaze and then bilt hammer double speed wax (all by hand).
Any thoughts on those products - car is dark (ocean) blue

I've bitten the bullet.

Got poorboys ssr 2.5 polish
Auto finesse ultra glaze
Bilt hammer double speed wax

As well as shampoo, special wash sponge, quick detailer, tar remover and various applicators, buffing towels and drying towels.
Already have a clay mitt from before.

Looking forward to getting stuck in!

Good choices for dark car .....only one thing , don't use a 'sponge' better with a good quality lambswool mitt , and if you can prewar with Meguirs snow foam prior to wash.....
Poor boys Blackhole would have been a good choice too , I have used it and found it worked well on my Basalt Black car as an interim fix prior to a full correction detail. ( which it is being treated to as we speak/ type!)

Good luck .... let's se the after pics ....!

Terry

Yup, you have it in a nutshell.

Also worth putting all your cloths, towels, washmitts etc in the wash beforehand to get rid of and dirt.

Good luck, and yes lets see the before n after pics!

911TEL said:
Good choices for dark car .....only one thing , don't use a 'sponge' better with a good quality lambswool mitt , and if you can prewar with Meguirs snow foam prior to wash.....
Poor boys Blackhole would have been a good choice too , I have used it and found it worked well on my Basalt Black car as an interim fix prior to a full correction detail. ( which it is being treated to as we speak/ type!)

Good luck .... let's se the after pics ....!

Terry

Thanks - its one of those noodle sponges like a shaggy rug so hopefully with the 2 bucket method should give a decent clean. Sadly no pressure washer (yet) for snow foam

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back