Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted 997 C4S Gen2 Manual

keendean

Where are they all? If anyone is thinking of trading at one point, please let me know. I am going AutoTrader crazy :puh:

I'm checking PH, AT, here. Where else?

Check all the dealers listed on the 911uk forum, some of whom may not post their stock on the places you've already checked.

~ Maxie

Gen 2 Manuals are pretty rare beasts, and usually turn up in C2S form.

Nice manual meteor grey C4s for sale at oDavis cars on pistonheads. No affiliation, just watching the market.gen 2 prices look like they are firming upwards to me.

Thanks for the links, I've checked these out. It must be sub 50k miles, must have PSE, and ideally my budget was 45k and can't be silver.

The closest one I've seen which would the ideal car, is the car at 911 Virgin, which is OK, and I'm thinking about. It's of a modest spec, and the price is on the high side IMO-No knocking the car. The annoying thing is, buying private would save 5k, and if its an OPC warranty, then its a safe(er) bet. It seems you can't be too fussy on spec, but I can't warrant nearly 50k on a car that has nearly 50k miles.

Why are the prices of the C4S Gen 2 rising? I really don't understand. Are the dealers pricing them high, that and there is little available on the market driving the prices up? My initial budget has grown from 35k, now upwards, which seems to be the trait of many people trying to find their ideal spec.
I guess, I hope, that a decent car will come up, which won't of been traded in, and sold privately. I just may need to pay that price, in time I have to wait. I'm tempted by a PDK, but sold my RS3, as I just didn't get on with it. My last 997 C4S was manual with the OEM short shift-Amazing!

I think there are so few because the first Gen 2 cars launched at the time (2009) of the financial crisis when people where cancelling rather than placing orders. I got a good one last year on the basis that it was a "keeper", powerful NA engine with manual box, just what people want when everything is now turbocharged. Good luck in your search, I am afraid it is something of a seller's market if you are set on this model.

It's that or a GTS manual, but I think I'd now need to sell my left b**** to fund one :(

Good idea on saving the cash, after having the gen 1 three years ago, and just ditching the new RS3, I wanted to feel as if the extra cash was buying me similar tech, if you know what I mean :bye:

MarkC4S said:
I think there are so few because the first Gen 2 cars launched at the time (2009) of the financial crisis when people where cancelling rather than placing orders. I got a good one last year on the basis that it was a "keeper", powerful NA engine with manual box, just what people want when everything is now turbocharged. Good luck in your search, I am afraid it is something of a seller's market if you are set on this model.

Mark, do you mind letting me know what price and spec? Also I'm thinking 40k plus miles is too high for a keeper- That or PM me -Thanks

keendean said:
Thanks for the links, I've checked these out. It must be sub 50k miles, must have PSE, and ideally my budget was 45k and can't be silver.

The closest one I've seen which would the ideal car, is the car at 911 Virgin, which is OK, and I'm thinking about. It's of a modest spec, and the price is on the high side IMO-No knocking the car. The annoying thing is, buying private would save 5k, and if its an OPC warranty, then its a safe(er) bet. It seems you can't be too fussy on spec, but I can't warrant nearly 50k on a car that has nearly 50k miles.

Why are the prices of the C4S Gen 2 rising? I really don't understand. Are the dealers pricing them high, that and there is little available on the market driving the prices up? My initial budget has grown from 35k, now upwards, which seems to be the trait of many people trying to find their ideal spec.
I guess, I hope, that a decent car will come up, which won't of been traded in, and sold privately. I just may need to pay that price, in time I have to wait. I'm tempted by a PDK, but sold my RS3, as I just didn't get on with it. My last 997 C4S was manual with the OEM short shift-Amazing!

Personally I'd buy the 911 Virgin car. Looks a peach in triple black and low mileage manual cars like that do not often come up for sale. If you're worried about OEM PSE its not all that. Better off getting the bypass from Sharkwerks or Miltek via Chris at ABP Motorsport. :thumb:

Sorry just went and had look at 911 Virgins site and noticed it does have the PSE after all. I'd still get the bypass pipe as gen 2 engines quite refined :thumb:

IMI A said:
keendean said:

Personally I'd buy the 911 Virgin car. Looks a peach in triple black and low mileage manual cars like that do not often come up for sale. If you're worried about OEM PSE its not all that. Better off getting the bypass from Sharkwerks or Miltek via Chris at ABP Motorsport. :thumb:

I know I'm tempted, but can't feel its over priced just so slightly. If it was an outstanding spec, or had new tires and or brakes, it would be worth the outlay. We have a second car and an impending house extension, so waiting for the right car, and saving a little more, for that gem may not be a bad idea :roll:

Sports seats would be nice on that car, but what else are you wanting that it hasn't got? I have no affiliation to 911v, but I do have a high regard for their commitment to customer satisfaction having bought twice from them. Their pricing isn't cheap, it's good value IMO. You may know them or even bought from them before, in which case you'll know they're worth a visit as they'll help you see if their car is for you, or not :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back