Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front suspension parts C4S

Ben996

Trainee
Hi all, after some advice on suspension parts.

It looks like I need new wishbones (coffin arms), control arms and top mounts at the front due to perished rubber. The car is currently on the originals (2003 car 59k miles).

I have priced up the parts from porsche which after 10% discount come in at £1,280 so not cheap!

There then becomes the option of hartech refurbed parts for the coffin arms and control arms saving around £450 from the cost. Anyone have experience of these?

The other option is of course using another manufacturer such as Meyle for the arms which is cheaper still. Not sure of a manufacturer for the top mounts?

I am reluctant to use poorer quality parts though on something like running gear which could impact the handling of the car though.

Any recommendations on good parts to use?Just looking for peoples experiences and recommendations really.

Ben

Ben I've been trough all of this.

The top mounts you can fit the 997 variety and they are £85 each rather than £150 ea for the 996 version. There's a thread on here that detailed it (should be a sticky). Top mount bearings can be cleaned out and repacked with grease if you want to save £25 per side.

I fitted Meyle coffin arms with no issues and bought a set of 4 (eBay I think). There were some that reportedly were too short when used on the rear (they are all identical) but I believe it was an iffy batch from a long time ago, I had no quality issues with them about a year ago.

My control arms were ok, someone will advise you on those if alternatives are avail.

You may want to consider drop links too front and back while your in there as they are relatively in expensive.

Hope this helps

Edit: here's the cross compatible 997 top mount

https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=125948
Don't forget to use the discount code too
:thumb:

Great thanks for the update, so the 997 4wd top mounts definitely fit the 996 too then? Seems to be the case but hard to find absolute confirmation!

As above design 911 and use 997 top mounts. £195 pair including postage

I also replaced the bearings, drop links and arms, car totally transformed :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannahMich
Back