Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 996 C4S owner!

The Chippy

Evening gents,

Just thought I'd post up as I've been a member a long time but only yesterday acquired my first Porsche!

I've been lucky enough to own some nice cars but Porsches have always been viewed from afar, until now.

It's a Midnight Blue, 100k car in near perfect condition. Underneath is as good as it will ever get for any 996, very little rust in comparison to others I've seen and everything in very good condition. It's been looked after well looking through the history file and is currently being detailed before I get it back, so the paintwork will be in perfect condition when I get to drive it!

Anyway, I'm glad to be here with some valid input at last and look forward to reading the pages learning about my new car!

I'll post up some pics when I get it back.

Welcome to the fold - excellent choice of car - the C4S is the pretiest of the bunch!

:congrats:

Look forward to seeing some pics when you get your hands on it.

:thumb:

stewhp said:
:congrats:

Look forward to seeing some pics when you get your hands on it.

+1

:welcome: to 911 ownership TC.

There's plenty of love for the 996C4S on here. :thumb:

Welcome!

Now get some pictures up! :pc:

Congrats on the purchase :thumb:
Now let's see the pics :grin:

4b4 said:
Welcome to the fold - excellent choice of car - the C4S is the pretiest of the bunch!

Have to agree :thumbs:

:welcome: to the mad house :grin:

Defo need pics ASAP :camera:

Well this is the current photo from the detailer, looking shiny but missing the wheels at the powder coaters!

Attachments

• img_7007_394.jpg
    img_7007_394.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 4,967
Looks like a dog :grin: :wack:

alex yates said:
Looks like a dog :grin: :wack:

Touche!!

Looks like that I'll be getting the front splitter and the bottom of the side skirts painted soon too as the paint is f laking off them! Looks like no key or any prep work at all before they got painted this gold/brown colour and the paint is revealing a shiny black surface underneath.
You got to love a bodger!!

Annoying as I'd've preferred to get the paint work done first before it went to the detailer but that's they way it goes I guess. I'm happy in the knowledge that my painter is one of the very best in the business so I know it will return with the new paint looking superb, even if it is almost unseeable!

More pics to come soon hopefully! Then it'll be time to learn how to drive it...

Pics as requested...

Waiting for new centre caps as wheels have just been refurbed back to silver.

Attachments

• img_7020_727.jpg
    img_7020_727.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 4,690

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back