Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Interior and sundry LEDs

maldren

Albert Park
I've just replaced various bulbs with LEDs and I'm pleased with the results, a really white light that made the original lights look very yellow.

The lights in the door cards and the map reading lights are standard capless bulbs but beware, there isn't much space and LEDs tend to be larger diameter, the first bulbs I bought wouldn't fit, look for 10mm dia.

The glovebox, frunk, dome light, engine compartment and number plate light are all festoon bulbs but different sizes! Number plate bulbs are 36mm, frunk, dome and engine are 42mm and the glovebox is small - I gave up with it!

In all cases, I bought Canbus compatible bulbs and the festoon bulbs had integral resistors. Again I avoided very wide bulbs although you would probably get away with it except for the Dome bulb. I ended up with some SMD and some COB festoon bulbs - not sure there's a lot of difference in the light output, they're all very bright.

If you like the bright, modern (rather clinical?) look, I'd recommend the change and it was really cheap.

Mike

Any pics or supplier links?

I keep meaning to do this but it's a minefield of what to order and from whom. I know the brightness I want to achieve so maybe it's trial and error on where I buy. I don't want a white so bright it then looks blue, although led will alway beat the yellow tint I currently have

You're not a million miles away (I'm near Purley) so we could meet and compare although I'm away this weekend.

I bought more than I needed to I have a spare set.

Mike

I'd be interested in having a peak too and am actually going to be in Purley this weekend!
Shame you are away :(

Are you going to be around next weekend as may be passing through again?

Cheers

C

Yes I am around next weekend and I'm also home until mid afternoon on Saturday if that's any use. I'm usually around during the week as I'm retired now!

Mike

maldren said:
You're not a million miles away (I'm near Purley) so we could meet and compare although I'm away this weekend.

I bought more than I needed to I have a spare set.

Mike

Next weekend is good for me, would be good to compare and contrast. PM is both your details and we can book a viewing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back